"Who would fictional characters vote for?" omnibus thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:39:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  "Who would fictional characters vote for?" omnibus thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who did Don Draper vote for?
Hillary Clinton

Bernie Sanders

Donald Trump

Ted Cruz

Jon Kasich

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 124

Author Topic: "Who would fictional characters vote for?" omnibus thread  (Read 267689 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« on: July 19, 2020, 07:44:53 PM »
« edited: July 19, 2020, 08:02:06 PM by MB »

Noticed some Breaking Bad posted from like, 2012. So here’s my take with some Better Call Saul added in.

Walter White: I think it’s pretty safe to say that Walter before he became Heisenberg was a Republican. His refusal to accept handouts or charity is his defining character trait early on in the show. Couple that in with some dropped hints (like telling Gretchen and Elliott “call it liberal guilt”) and I think you’ve got it. There are a couple factors against this though (1. Him being a teacher and 2. He’s got a PhD) but the people with postgraduate degrees didn’t vote as strongly Democratic in 2008 as they do now. So I’d say he voted McCain in 2008. Now later on in the show of course I don’t see him voting Republican. Libertarian if he does vote at all.

Jesse Pinkman: There’s no chance in hell that Jesse votes. But if he did he’d be on the left. Obama-Obama-Sanders-Sanders is my guess. Same for his friends.

Skyler White: Pretty sure Skyler voted for Obama. I just can’t picture her as a Republican. She’d hate Trump.

Hank Schrader: The guy with the most Trumpian personality on the show. Plus he’s a cop. Definitely the safest bet for a Republican.

Marie Schrader: In a way she’s even more “law and order” than Hank. She’s pushed him to act outside the law and freaked out about Walter Jr’s fake pot smoking more than anyone else in the family. Afraid of the Mexicans in El Paso. She votes Republican and she voted for Trump.

Steve Gomez: Unlike the actor who plays him, Gomie’s probably more of a Republican just cause he’s a DEA agent. Hank’s occasional racist jokes don’t seem to bother him much. McCain-Romney-Trump.

Jane Margolis: I think Jane does vote unlike Jesse. She knew who Jesse Jackson and Georgia O’Keefe were. Anyway it’s pretty clear she leans to the left, probably pretty far left. Would be a fan of Bernie Sanders.

Saul Goodman: Saul has the Hillgoose mindset at heart. He doesn’t care about politics as long as he makes money. Even though he’s a lawyer I doubt he votes, but if he did it would probably be for Libertarians or random third party candidates.

Gale Boetticher: Had a Ron Paul sticker in his notebook. Enough said.

Gustavo Fring: He’s probably pretty knowledgeable about politics just to stay one step ahead of the authorities at all times. But he won’t waste his time on voting. They’re all the same in his view.

Mike Ehrmantraut: Too cynical to care about politics, gave up on that back when he was a cop in Philly. Similar mindset to Gus I’d think.

Walter White Jr: Too young to vote in the show but he’d be an adult now. Anyway he idolizes his uncle Hank and usually shows a lot of respect for law enforcement (except for the 1 time he was busted trying to buy beer). I think he’d be a swing voter though. Maybe leaning a little to the right.

Chuck McGill: Chuck’s whole persona is respect for the law. He’s tied with Walter for smartest character in the BB universe, so he obviously knows his stuff. He’s also a huge elitist. As for who he votes for I think only one thing is really clear - he isn’t very partisan. Probably leans to the center but I’d think he values candidates who are smart and have a lot of political experience. He’d hate Trump.

Kim Wexler: Kim would definitely be a Democrat. I think her life story gives her some sympathy for poor and underprivileged people - and she’s got more of a moral conscience than Saul does.

Howard Hamlin: Inherited the lawfirm and money that his dad built. Bit of a holier-than-thou attitude. He’s a Republican. I’m not so sure Howard would vote Trump but I think he’s more likely to than not.

The Cartel: Hector, Lalo, Tuco, Don Eladio, Bolsa. They vote for whoever turns a blind eye to them. Enough said.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 01:01:59 AM »

Why would Ron vote? That's unnecessary information he's giving the government.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies