TX-SEN 2024 megathread: The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:01:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-SEN 2024 megathread: The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
Author Topic: TX-SEN 2024 megathread: The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer  (Read 25321 times)
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: May 11, 2024, 07:34:00 PM »

Lol and people called him a good candidate
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #476 on: May 11, 2024, 07:40:59 PM »

It's only Fox News reporting this. Realistically, anyone who would vote against Allred for this reason was already voting for Cruz. This doesn't affect the final result much if at all.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #477 on: May 12, 2024, 02:47:35 AM »

It's only Fox News reporting this. Realistically, anyone who would vote against Allred for this reason was already voting for Cruz. This doesn't affect the final result much if at all.
Swing voters in Texas are very against illegal immigration. Of course it'll affect the final result lmao.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #478 on: May 12, 2024, 05:49:42 AM »

Swing voters in Texas are very against illegal immigration. Of course it'll affect the final result lmao.

I'm rather skeptical, just because Republicans always accuse Democrats of being soft on this issue.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #479 on: May 12, 2024, 06:51:39 AM »

I'm rather skeptical, just because Republicans always accuse Democrats of being soft on this issue.
TX-SEN & FL-SEN are off the table for Democrats and the only way now Schumer retains his Majority Leaders Position is if Democrats pull a "HOUDINI" and all their Incumbents win. Highly unlikely I'd say.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #480 on: May 12, 2024, 06:53:17 AM »

It's not the fact that just this that Colin Allred is handing out gifts to illegals it's the gun issue, just like it haunted Beto that TX is pro guns

Allred wasn't that known as a Football star anyways and he wasn't even a Cowboy he was a Titan, Atlasia went nuts over Allred that's why he was propted up

Safe R
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #481 on: May 12, 2024, 09:51:48 AM »

Accoding to his campaing website, he learned riflery at a YMCA summer camp. Imagine if he did a Kander style ad about that.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #482 on: May 12, 2024, 04:07:36 PM »

It won’t affect the final result because Cruz is highly unlikely to lose either way.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #483 on: May 12, 2024, 07:45:42 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2024, 07:54:45 PM by Shaula🏳️‍⚧️ »

And that's part of why Republicans win there. For a democrat to win they need to escape the view of them being pro-illegal immigration, and it seems Allred won't be able to escape that.

I find it funny that the same people who are convinced a Daily Beast article about a random staffer for Tim Sheehy being racist will massively help Tester, are the same people who dismiss a story about Allred literally helping illegal immigrants commit crimes as "not going to change any votes".
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #484 on: May 12, 2024, 09:00:19 PM »

And that's part of why Republicans win there. For a democrat to win they need to escape the view of them being pro-illegal immigration, and it seems Allred won't be able to escape that.

I find it funny that the same people who are convinced a Daily Beast article about a random staffer for Tim Sheehy being racist will massively help Tester, are the same people who dismiss a story about Allred literally helping illegal immigrants commit crimes as "not going to change any votes".

No votes will be moved…and 52% of the electorate will back Cruz just like every other statewide race.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #485 on: May 12, 2024, 11:10:15 PM »

Peters already said send monies to our incumbents and Osbourne and Alsobrooks, the DSCC chair. Many Ds uncharacteristically sent tons of money to ALLRED, but Guiterrez may have a better chance against Cornyn since Trump isn't on ballot.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #486 on: May 12, 2024, 11:56:44 PM »

I think people overstate the salience of illegal immigration as an issue even in TX.

By and large for people where this is a decisive issue, very few are persuadable voters. Additionally the regions where it might actually matter more or persuadable voters (i.e RGV) are relatively low population to begin with and even lower turnout.

I also think it’s naive to declare at this point Cruz is “clearly” going to win. I think he’s favored but not to the extent his victory is guaranteed and probably large in magnitude.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #487 on: May 13, 2024, 02:39:31 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #488 on: May 13, 2024, 03:07:03 PM »

Well, it's certainly bad optics. Whether it sticks, we have to see. Not that I expected this seat to flip though.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #489 on: May 13, 2024, 03:23:02 PM »

Well, it's certainly bad optics. Whether it sticks, we have to see. Not that I expected this seat to flip though.

Texas is going to require another cycle at least.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #490 on: May 14, 2024, 09:05:49 AM »

Yup, I think the other seat could be in play with Cornyn retiring in 2026 during a Trump midterm. Otherwise, Dems may have a shot in the national election after 2024 that has them winning.

If this race is indeed gone, the Dem path to keeping the senate as almost eliminated, given WV is a safe pickup for the GOP and there's no other target left (FL is Safe R). Even if Biden is reelected, everything else has to go right, OH and MT in particular.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #491 on: May 14, 2024, 11:52:29 AM »

Yup, I think the other seat could be in play with Cornyn retiring in 2026 during a Trump midterm. Otherwise, Dems may have a shot in the national election after 2024 that has them winning.

If this race is indeed gone, the Dem path to keeping the senate as almost eliminated, given WV is a safe pickup for the GOP and there's no other target left (FL is Safe R). Even if Biden is reelected, everything else has to go right, OH and MT in particular.

Brown and Tester are even in Emerson

Daines, Collins, Tillis and Cornyn are top targets for Ds in 26 with Guiterrez, Busse, Riley and Golden regardless of what party holds WH
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #492 on: May 14, 2024, 03:01:37 PM »

Yeah, holding the senate is an uphill battle this cycle. This class up for election already sucked in 2018. It's too unfortunate Democrats didn't recruit a better candidate in Wisconsin in 2022. With 52 seats, they would be in a more comfortable situation now.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #493 on: May 14, 2024, 04:24:22 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2024, 04:28:59 PM by Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers »

Yeah, holding the senate is an uphill battle this cycle. This class up for election already sucked in 2018. It's too unfortunate Democrats didn't recruit a better candidate in Wisconsin in 2022. With 52 seats, they would be in a more comfortable situation now.

No it's not we have Brown and Tester even in Emerson polls

As far as Barnes and Ryan losses they were ahead until IAN Barnes was leading in a Clarity poll and Ryan Impact before IAN

I posted both polls Impact Ryan was leading by 9 before IAN and Barnes by 2 in Clarity
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies