2020: If Barack Obama could have run again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:34:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  2020: If Barack Obama could have run again (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020: If Barack Obama could have run again  (Read 327 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 10, 2020, 03:21:09 PM »

Obama loses white voters by an almost 3-1 margin and is only able to win the White House by narrowly winning Michigan.

Donald Trump/Mike Pence 49% 266 EV
Barack Obama/Gretchen Whitmer 47% 272 EV
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 03:48:46 PM »

Obama loses white voters by an almost 3-1 margin and is only able to win the White House by narrowly winning Michigan.

Donald Trump/Mike Pence 49% 266 EV
Barack Obama/Gretchen Whitmer 47% 272 EV

.............What?Huh??

I'm sorry man but some of your maps just make absolutely no sense to me, and this one is probably the worst. Why would Obama suddenly do massively worse with white voters than he did before? You really think he wouldn't get the same kinds of gains from college educated whites/suburbanites that Biden got? These people largely love Obama now, and still would hate Trump. And how would he lose the popular vote?Huh

Racism is a big reason why Trump won in 2016, and it would be a driving factor in 2020 too.

Biden might well have gotten those suburban voters precisely because he's a white straight male.

I can see Obama's approvals coming down dramatically if he reentered electoral politics.

That said, it is possible a third party gets some traction here, and scoops up about 5-7% of the vote.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies