19-year-old Fmr. Candidate for KS Governor may have just won a State House seat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 02:29:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  19-year-old Fmr. Candidate for KS Governor may have just won a State House seat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 19-year-old Fmr. Candidate for KS Governor may have just won a State House seat  (Read 19893 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« on: August 22, 2020, 03:52:42 PM »

Just a little sex crime among children, NBD.

Anyway, clearly they should treat this as a swing seat, launch a major campaign for the write-in, make clear they'll expel or impeach him should he win, and move to repeal the sore loser laws so this never happens again.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 05:07:21 PM »

God I'm just disgusted at all the people here either defending this monster or saying this doesn't matter.  Do you realise how creepy and weird you guys are looking defending this.

I agree, but I also think democracy is important.

Democracy includes the state party making people aware of who they nominated and that they have an alternative.

Party primaries are treated as more sacred than they should be, given how under-attended they usually are.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 08:36:24 AM »

God I'm just disgusted at all the people here either defending this monster or saying this doesn't matter.  Do you realise how creepy and weird you guys are looking defending this.

I agree, but I also think democracy is important.

Democracy includes the state party making people aware of who they nominated and that they have an alternative.

Party primaries are treated as more sacred than they should be, given how under-attended they usually are.
I dont care how unattended they are. He lost fair and square and a court should step in and order him to cease his write in campaign. Do you think the democrats deserve to be able to bail themselves out by cheating instead of doing the right thing and supporting the GOP candidate who didnt lose their primary.

Sore-loser laws evidently aren't a thing in Kansas, so you're literally advocating for judicial lawmaking.

Hopefully the GOP hack attorney general will threaten to press charges if Frowncheater goes forward with this.

Now you're literally advocating for locking somebody up on false charges. Write-in campaigns aren't "cheating," let alone against the law. Get a f**king grip.
My apologies. I really thought there were sore loser laws in this state because the Democratic New Jersey avatar said they need to repeal them and that's why I got so angry. It's my fault for not researching it correctly.

Most sore loser laws prohibit running an on-ballot independent or third-party campaign after losing a primary. They don't prohibit running a write-in in any state.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 01:45:08 PM »

He seems to quickly be pivoting to an alt-right "F*** those bitches" campaign, so this would seem to be a good time for the party to make clear they'll expel his sex criminal ass the second he sets foot in the Capitol should he win.

Make clear that all this election is settling is whether the state has to waste money on a special election in a few months.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 08:50:21 PM »

Expulsion takes a 2/3rds vote, and it's highly rare for any party to reach that number in a large legislature in any state. That means that any vote to expel essentially has to be a bipartisan decision.

Expelling an unrepentant sex criminal who seems now to be running for office to take revenge on the "bitches who screwed up his life" seems like one of those cases where it's warranted.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2020, 04:08:05 PM »

https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/election/article246171185.html

He threatened to perpetrate a school shooting.

Again, expel him unanimously. If it's not legal to expel him ex post facto, pass a state constitutional amendment making it legal and then expel him.

Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2020, 05:07:43 PM »

How is this person a Dem? There's an entire other party that exists for people like him.

He's not a Dem. He's a hard-line authoritarian communist with a fetish for political violence posing as a DemSoc.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2020, 10:45:14 PM »

And I repeat, expel him immediately.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2020, 01:56:43 PM »

Terrible result, but he'll be politically neutered in the statehouse and primaried by a non-scumbag in 2022.

Expulsion definitely isn't an option. The voters elected a scumbag and they are stuck with that scumbag for two years.

He's a terrorist.

Expulsion absolutely is an option.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2020, 08:27:23 PM »

The ride never dies.

Democrats are now seeking to oust him for ordering a hit on Governor Kelly, who he claims is too conservatvie.

https://apnews.com/article/kansas-city-kansas-topeka-elections-fd91a21ee706c19194c7d302a2315d28

A political operative provided The Associated Press with a screen shot of another tweet that was no longer online Thursday in which Coleman predicted that Kelly would face an “extremely bloody” Democratic primary in two years. The screen shot was provided anonymously because the operative was not authorized to speak about the race.

“I’m not playing around,” Coleman wrote in the tweet. “People will realize one day when I call a hit out on you it’s real.”

See? This was discovered post-election. He was stupid enough that he didn't even last a week. He'll be expelled and they won't be caught flat-footed again.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2021, 08:17:48 PM »

Across the country, is there anyone in public office who is as bad a person as Coleman? I honestly can't think of one. Not even MTG.

I mean, Lauren Boebert may have collaborated in an attempt on the lives of Congress and the Vice President, but it's definitely a short list.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2021, 05:10:36 PM »

Sorry for the necropost, but this seemed the right place.

Looks like this story is about to reach its thoroughly predictable conclusion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies