Bring Me Up to Speed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:35:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Bring Me Up to Speed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Bring Me Up to Speed  (Read 8747 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2010, 04:11:04 PM »

Pleasant to meet you, Colin. I've heard much about you.

If you have any questions regarding the figure of Alexander Hamilton, I can provide, although Yankee pretty much summed up what happened.

Oh no, I left you out and your crucial part.  Well it was getting fairly long anyway. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2010, 04:27:31 PM »

You're pro-civil war, NCY. I know. Tongue
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2010, 04:28:52 PM »

Pleasant to meet you, Colin. I've heard much about you.

If you have any questions regarding the figure of Alexander Hamilton, I can provide, although Yankee pretty much summed up what happened.

Oh no, I left you out and your crucial part.  Well it was getting fairly long anyway. Tongue

I um had a part too.
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -2.43

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2010, 04:34:24 PM »

Uh, stop misrepresenting history. PiT was the only person who spoke to the LNF about any sort of deal.
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -2.43

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2010, 04:36:10 PM »

1. The Populares are not a group of crazies, we have many moderates.

2. The Northeast does not support the fascist actions of the Southeast.

3. Welcome back, Colin, of course.

4. PiT: I believe you were the one who tried to carry out that plan you mentioned and not Hamilton. That is really an intriguing detail that you shamefully left out. Let us not forget that twas you who did all of the talking.

Fixed for accuracy Smiley

Hey now! Dont be lumping me in with what some others might be doing!

NO ONE DID ANYTHING.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2010, 04:36:57 PM »

You know nothing. Tongue
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2010, 04:38:32 PM »

Before people start arguing about history, just read the darn thread:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=103850.0
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2010, 04:55:02 PM »

Probably the biggest change is the shift from debates about pro-regional rights vs. pro-federal power to more conventional ideological divides. Centrism today is better defined along the PM spectrum than according to any gameplay standards.

Also, game reform has risen as a viable topic recently. The reformation of the Office of the GM and the rise of regional legislatures have changed the way the game is played at the regional level significantly, though the federal level is basically the same.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2010, 05:57:10 PM »

Colin!

Welcome back Cheesy
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2010, 06:06:44 PM »

Yay! I love it when people from before my time return. *hughughug*
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2010, 07:12:37 PM »

4. PiT: I believe you were the one who tried to carry out that plan you mentioned and not Hamilton. That is really an intriguing detail that you shamefully left out. Let us not forget that twas you who did all of the talking.

Um...no. I don't know whether or not you're joking, but we actually do have moderates. I like to consider myself one. We're not all as aggressive Libertas(No offense to him; I've ended the warpath I'd been on against him as per a peace extension he offered).

Anyway, welcome back to the Atlasian scene, Colin, even though I have no idea who you are since I only joined in January. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2010, 08:17:12 PM »

Um...no. I don't know whether or not you're joking, but we actually do have moderates. I like to consider myself one. We're not all as aggressive Libertas(No offense to him; I've ended the warpath I'd been on against him as per a peace extension he offered).

Anyway, welcome back to the Atlasian scene, Colin, even though I have no idea who you are since I only joined in January. Wink

Aren't those wonderful? Wink
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2010, 09:05:13 PM »

Hey now! Dont be lumping me in with what some others might be doing!

NO ONE DID ANYTHING.

Sorry, I should say what some are thinking. I'm not saying you though
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2010, 09:10:12 PM »

Come on, Happy, you know we're not all crazies just because we disagree with you ideologically. Cry
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2010, 09:50:35 PM »

Come on, Happy, you know we're not all crazies just because we disagree with you ideologically. Cry

Its mostly on ideology I think you guys are crazy, not any sort of personal htng. 
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2010, 10:20:24 PM »

Hi Colin!  I don't know if you remember me from back in the day, I only just barely remember you....I left here early in 2005, and have been back about a year now.  Welcome!  Cheesy
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2010, 12:41:15 AM »

Well first I have to say thank you to you all for the warm welcome and the attempts to bring me up to speed on things. It seems that Al's pretty right in stating that things are crazy as normal in Atlasia and, yes afleitch, it is pretty jaw dropping that I'm back.

Hi Colin!  I don't know if you remember me from back in the day, I only just barely remember you....I left here early in 2005, and have been back about a year now.  Welcome!  Cheesy

I remember you Fritz, hell I remember that you were one of the people who helped make this country work at the beginning as SoFA. Good to see you back again.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2010, 01:08:35 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This one just pisses me off.  The Northeast no more supported the Southeast's prisoner dump because one Northeast Representative proposed a bill that never even went to a vote in support than it supported the New Mexican rebels because then-Representative Hamilton proposed a bill in support that went down in flames.  The FACT is the Northeast didn't pass ANY measure in support of the Southeast - and never was going to do so. 

If you're going to characterize someone proposing a bill as support even if everyone else opposes, then the Senate must have supported some wacky notions over time.

Please stop rewriting history.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2010, 01:14:06 AM »

This one just pisses me off.  The Northeast no more supported the Southeast's prisoner dump because one Northeast Representative proposed a bill that never even went to a vote in support than it supported the New Mexican rebels because then-Representative Hamilton proposed a bill in support that went down in flames.  The FACT is the Northeast didn't pass ANY measure in support of the Southeast - and never was going to do so. 

If you're going to characterize someone proposing a bill as support even if everyone else opposes, then the Senate must have supported some wacky notions over time.

Here, here.

I was really disappointed in HW for making falsehoods against us like that. Sad
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2010, 08:20:30 AM »

That part was more of a joke than anything lol. I never really pay much attention to the NE Assembly.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2010, 08:30:52 AM »

Well first I have to say thank you to you all for the warm welcome and the attempts to bring me up to speed on things. It seems that Al's pretty right in stating that things are crazy as normal in Atlasia and, yes afleitch, it is pretty jaw dropping that I'm back.

I remember you Fritz, hell I remember that you were one of the people who helped make this country work at the beginning as SoFA. Good to see you back again.

Well Atlasia is Latin for Crazy. Wink

We did have a short Renaissance from about April 2009 through the end of the year partly thanks to a mass buildup in weaponry (posters) between the two superpowers the RPP and JCP. Unfortunately as has been explained such expansion brought in the dregs of the internet and was very unsustainable. Two posters made recruitment a science, one was Hamilton, the other is one of our younguns who I won't name for his sake. Ironic that in your absence we reached both a low ebb in partipication (December 2008) and a few high points. The problem now is we have lots of voters but little active participation. Part of it is the time of year, but its also motivation and interest both are hard to find among many. We have seen a rise in activism by the regions and if things were done to support that, I am confident that Atlasia will once again be more active, however I don't think we will agree very much on the approach to take.

Death to Centralism!!!! Tongue

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2010, 12:23:38 PM »

Colin, welcome back! It's always good to see the old NLC crowd still around.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2010, 07:29:22 PM »

And by the way, I've heard legends of your past involvement, Colin. I look forward to seeing you here with my own eyes. Wink

^^^^ this.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2010, 11:44:30 PM »

Well Atlasia is Latin for Crazy. Wink

Actually the closest word I can think of in Latin to crazy is furor but now I'm just being pedantic. Smiley

Colin, welcome back! It's always good to see the old NLC crowd still around.

Thanks Bacon King. It's nice to still see people from before I left still around.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2010, 12:37:35 PM »

Welcome back, Colin. There is probably a larger number of outright trolls active now than back in your time (to the extent that they have their own party and everything).

Watch out for Hamilton's socks, there are a number of them.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies