Ben Shapiro burns Barbies
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:57:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ben Shapiro burns Barbies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Ben Shapiro burns Barbies  (Read 3814 times)
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2023, 11:45:30 AM »

Ahh yes, because the Barbie movie was supposed to appeal to Shapiro and his demographic. Right on right on.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2023, 12:18:24 PM »

The majority of the Star War's fan base hates The Last Jedi regardless of their political affiliation.

Source?

Look at the audience score: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_last_jedi

Look at how much hate it gets on Star Wars related forums and even redditt(which is a very liberal site politically) .

Just look at how much worse Star Wars related media has done since the Last Jedi came out as well then it was doing from 15-17.

It's been well-documented that the Last Jedi was one of the most notorious victims of review-bombing (along with Captain Marvel) and the reason why RT changed the way it calculates audience scores.

The rest of your argument is pure idiocy. No self-respecting person takes seriously what a bunch of edgelord teenagers say in reddit and 4chan. 

“Review-bombing” reflects how people actually feel about the film. Why did nobody “review-bomb” The Dark Knight? Could it be because they liked it?

If you believe that all of the people review-bombing actually watched the film, I've got a bridge to sell you.

There's no reason to assume that the vast majority of them didn't. Having seen The Last Jedi, the only thing I find surprising about the audience score is that it isn't 0%. And the fact that RT "recalibrated" its audience scores in order to be lenient towards megacorporate products like these is hardly something to celebrate.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2023, 12:22:20 PM »

The majority of the Star War's fan base hates The Last Jedi regardless of their political affiliation.

Source?

Look at the audience score: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_last_jedi

Look at how much hate it gets on Star Wars related forums and even redditt(which is a very liberal site politically) .

Just look at how much worse Star Wars related media has done since the Last Jedi came out as well then it was doing from 15-17.

It's been well-documented that the Last Jedi was one of the most notorious victims of review-bombing (along with Captain Marvel) and the reason why RT changed the way it calculates audience scores.

The rest of your argument is pure idiocy. No self-respecting person takes seriously what a bunch of edgelord teenagers say in reddit and 4chan. 

“Review-bombing” reflects how people actually feel about the film. Why did nobody “review-bomb” The Dark Knight? Could it be because they liked it?

If you believe that all of the people review-bombing actually watched the film, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Reminds me of that child trafficking movie where 2/3 of the reviews are just “very good movie” or “has a great message”
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2023, 12:28:42 PM »

There's no reason to assume that the vast majority of them didn't.

For being such a badass edgelord you're actually pretty naive.

Or else you'd know that many of the people who review-bomb these films are proudly admitting that they never saw and never will see a "woke" movie.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2023, 12:35:49 PM »

Or else you'd know that many of the people who review-bomb these films are proudly admitting that they never saw and never will see a "woke" movie.

Scrolling through the negative reviews for The Last Jedi on any review site (RT, Letterboxd, Google reviews) will yield hundreds of comments mocking the film for its characterization, meandering plot, poorly thought out action sequences, failure to engage with the existing storyline, and lack of resolution to its many pointless narrative threads. The idea that this film was hated for political reasons is an excuse invented by Kathleen Kennedy and her marketing team to explain why their terrible franchise is hated by fans and made progressively less money with each installment.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2023, 12:48:25 PM »

Scrolling through the negative reviews for The Last Jedi on any review site (RT, Letterboxd, Google reviews) will yield hundreds of comments mocking the film for its characterization, meandering plot, poorly thought out action sequences, failure to engage with the existing storyline, and lack of resolution to its many pointless narrative threads. The idea that this film was hated for political reasons is an excuse invented by Kathleen Kennedy and her marketing team to explain why their terrible franchise is hated by fans and made progressively less money with each installment.

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2023, 12:52:34 PM »

So are the EU austerity measures preventing new memes from making their way to the Greek internet, or is your sense of humor just stuck in 2012?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2023, 12:54:30 PM »

There's no reason to assume that the vast majority of them didn't. Having seen The Last Jedi, the only thing I find surprising about the audience score is that it isn't 0%. And the fact that RT "recalibrated" its audience scores in order to be lenient towards megacorporate products like these is hardly something to celebrate.

"The Last Jedi was a bad movie" and "The Last Jedi was review-bombed by terminally online misogynistic weirdos" are not mutually exclusive from each other.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2023, 01:00:21 PM »
« Edited: July 24, 2023, 06:26:10 PM by Virginiá »

"The Last Jedi was a bad movie" and "The Last Jedi was review-bombed by terminally online misogynistic weirdos" are not mutually exclusive from each other.

Why would "misogynistic weirdos" attack The Last Jedi's audience score but not The Force Awakens? Both films had the same (female) protagonist. Stop doing Disney's marketing work for them. You're defending low-effort fanfic drivel being produced on an assembly line by a company that uses important social causes as easy fallback excuses when their products fail. Even if 5% of the negative reviews actually came from misogynists (a generous assumption), that doesn't explain why you and Lyndon feel the need to defend these abominations like they're your family members.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2023, 01:00:46 PM »

But you see these incel losers genuinely believe that the vast majority of the general population agree with their anti-woke opinions. It's like Republicans who believe that they are a majority and the only way Democrats can win an election is by fraud.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2023, 01:00:55 PM »

You act like only people on the far right hate the movie lol. Many many diehard Star Wars fans hate the movie regardless of their political views and believe that the Last Jedi wrecked the franchise.  The reason it got review bombed is cause of the fact that it did wreck the franchise and given how large the Star Wars fandom is, it is not a surprise there were a lot of people who posted negative reviews.

People who are not in the Star Wars fandom don't get how large the Star Wars hype was from 2014-2017 and how the vast majority of people who went on to despise the TLJ, were super excited for the movie all through 2016 and 2017.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2023, 01:04:03 PM »
« Edited: July 24, 2023, 06:26:29 PM by Virginiá »

Why would "misogynistic weirdos" attack The Last Jedi's audience score but not The Force Awakens? Both films had the same (female) protagonist. Stop doing Disney's marketing work for them. You're defending low-effort fanfic drivel being produced on an assembly line by a company that uses important social causes as easy fallback excuses when their products fail. Even if 5% of the negative reviews actually came from misogynists (a generous assumption), that doesn't explain why you and Lyndon feel the need to defend these abominations like they're your family members.

The argument these people make that the reason the fandom hated the ST is because the main character was not a White Male is so lol worthy given the character most fans were excited for going into TFA was Finn who is not white.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2023, 01:04:18 PM »

People who are not in the Star Wars fandom don't get how large the Star Wars hype was from 2014-2017 and how the vast majority of people who went on to despise the TLJ, were super excited for the movie all through 2016 and 2017.

You're right. We can't comprehend how much of an oversized role plays in your miserable lives the release of a f**king movie.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2023, 01:05:02 PM »

But you see these incel losers genuinely believe that the vast majority of the general population agree with their anti-woke opinions. It's like Republicans who believe that they are a majority and the only way Democrats can win an election is by fraud.

Exactly, the general public couldn't care less about "wokeness" or "anti-wokeness." So when a movie is widely reviled by fans of the franchise, we can safely assume that "wokeness" was not the reason it was hated.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2023, 01:07:26 PM »

Last Jedi is 6.9 on IMDB which means the consensus of viewers is that it is a good movie. 🤷
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2023, 01:10:02 PM »

Last Jedi is 6.9 on IMDB which means the consensus of viewers is that it is a good movie. 🤷

As I said, I don't love the movie. But it's certainly better than the awful Rise of Skywalker which gets only a fraction of the hate of Last Jedi.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2023, 01:11:20 PM »

I loved 9 when I saw it the first time and when I saw it again I was like wtf I hate that lol. loved 8 more each time I saw it.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2023, 01:12:39 PM »
« Edited: July 24, 2023, 06:26:42 PM by Virginiá »

Why would "misogynistic weirdos" attack The Last Jedi's audience score but not The Force Awakens? Both films had the same (female) protagonist.

I don't know, these lunatics aren't rational.

Stop doing Disney's marketing work for them. You're defending low-effort fanfic drivel being produced on an assembly line by a company that uses important social causes as easy fallback excuses when their products fail. Even if 5% of the negative reviews actually came from misogynists (a generous assumption), that doesn't explain why you and Lyndon feel the need to defend these abominations like they're your family members.

I'm not defending Disney or The Last Jedi, I'm defending my beliefs. I don't even think that most people who disliked The Last Jedi were sexist. I'm just saying it's dumb and objectively false to deny that the movie was review-bombed by misogynists.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2023, 01:13:43 PM »

Here is a rundown of review bombing history. Might be useful for our teenage edgelords who have no idea what they are talking about.

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2023, 01:14:52 PM »

As I said, I don't love the movie. But it's certainly better than the awful Rise of Skywalker which gets only a fraction of the hate of Last Jedi.

We can probably agree there. I haven't seen Rise of Skywalker, but everything I've heard about the plot tells me it's one of the worst films ever made.

Disney Wars just sucks. No vast right-wing conspiracy is necessary to explain the hate it has received. And generally, online movie reviewers are morons who would give a 7/10 rating to a video of me shaving my asshole. The fact that these big-budget blockbusters managed to get 3/5 ratings on sites like Google Reviews or Letterboxd, given the taste preferences of these people, is a pretty damning indictment in and of itself.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2023, 01:18:01 PM »

It also got a 2.2 out of 5 on Google Reviews, 4.1/10 on Metacritic(from Users) so the vast majority of major sites where fans get to cite their opinions are giving it terrible reviews. 
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2023, 01:18:42 PM »
« Edited: July 24, 2023, 06:26:52 PM by Virginiá »

Why would "misogynistic weirdos" attack The Last Jedi's audience score but not The Force Awakens? Both films had the same (female) protagonist.

I don't know, these lunatics aren't rational.

Stop doing Disney's marketing work for them. You're defending low-effort fanfic drivel being produced on an assembly line by a company that uses important social causes as easy fallback excuses when their products fail. Even if 5% of the negative reviews actually came from misogynists (a generous assumption), that doesn't explain why you and Lyndon feel the need to defend these abominations like they're your family members.

I'm not defending Disney or The Last Jedi, I'm defending my beliefs. I don't even think that most people who disliked The Last Jedi were sexist. I'm just saying it's dumb and objectively false to deny that the movie was review-bombed by misogynists.

You're making no sense at all. The Last Jedi currently has a 42% audience rating on Rotten Tomatoes. That is after RT scrubbed "suspicious" reviews from its system, banned bots, and recalibrated the way the score is calculated in favor of Disney's garbage films. What reason do we have to assume that that 42% is not reflective of how Star Wars fans felt about the movie? Because you saw one neckbeard on YouTube who complained about "wokeness" in Star Wars? Please.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2023, 01:22:16 PM »

Rise of Skywalker is a worse movie but the reason is thanks to the damage that was already done by then to a storyline.

The main villain was killed off by then, we barely saw any of Rey's Training, Finn had already been cast aside and the New Republic was shown to be all but destroyed by then. Rise of Skywalker basically was a hail mary pass but the reason they had to throw a hail mary was thanks to all the things that happened before it.

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2023, 01:30:21 PM »

It also got a 2.2 out of 5 on Google Reviews, 4.1/10 on Metacritic(from Users) so the vast majority of major sites where fans get to cite their opinions are giving it terrible reviews. 

2 / 3 is not vast majority lol
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2023, 01:32:42 PM »

2 / 3 is not vast majority lol

Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 42%(the audience score) as well and 6.9 is not a good score for a blockbuster franchise on IMDB.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 got 6.6 for example
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies