how many sick days have you missed from work/school over past 12 months? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 06:35:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  how many sick days have you missed from work/school over past 12 months? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....

1-3

4-6

>6

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: how many sick days have you missed from work/school over past 12 months?  (Read 2151 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« on: August 30, 2013, 08:02:01 PM »

More than six. The culture at my work is understanding that sick days are for whatever you need them for, sick or not. In the past year I've taken sick days because the weather was going to be nice and I wanted to be outside. I've also taken days for being too stressed, or because I had to care for my partner. Other people have taken them because they had a hard time the day before.

This is correct. Although I have run into situations where I was actually ill and didn't have any sickies available, so I've been saving them up. After I have that safety net I'll probably take them normally. After all, summer is coming.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 11:26:29 PM »

Technically they are referred to as personal leave, although they are basically sick days. Whether or not you need a doctor's certificate is up to your employer. We also get rostered days off that can be taken for whatever reason. As the Aussie work week is 38 hours, people contracted to work 40 hours accrue 2 hours a week, after 4 weeks you can get an RDO. How those are given varies by business and within industries. But yeah, including annual leave a basic full time employee at my workplace gets about 45ish paid days off a year if they want them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies