WY-AL 2022 Election Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:55:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WY-AL 2022 Election Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Will Liz Cheney get successfully primaried?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 81

Author Topic: WY-AL 2022 Election Megathread  (Read 5353 times)
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2021, 11:33:27 AM »

So his chances of getting the GQP nomination just increased exponentially with this exposé. Endorsement from the Orange Führer is imminent. “Family Values” and whatnot.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2021, 11:51:36 AM »

You've gotta be kidding me Squinting

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/554730-cheney-primary-challenger-impregnated-14-year-old-when-he-was-18

Bouchard also vowed to remain in the race for Cheney’s seat.

“I’m going to stay in this race. We’re going to continue to raise money.”
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2021, 12:04:21 PM »

Anyone who thinks this is disqualifying doesn’t remember Roy Moore
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2021, 12:59:23 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/554730-cheney-primary-challenger-impregnated-14-year-old-when-he-was-18

Isn't that statutory rape, or am I missing something about Wyoming law?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2021, 01:19:05 PM »

The story is even worse than the headline suggets. Bouchard married her when she was 15, divorced her when she turned 18, and then she killed herself two years later.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2021, 01:25:29 PM »

The story is even worse than the headline suggets. Bouchard married her when she was 15, divorced her when she turned 18, and then she killed herself two years later.

So, Statutory Rape, and maybe criminally negligent homicide?
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2021, 01:59:55 PM »

He also compared his relationship to Romeo and Juliet
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2021, 05:44:31 PM »

He also compared his relationship to Romeo and Juliet

He’s still alive though.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2021, 06:20:53 PM »

While the laws have become a little less permissive since, I believe the law at the time was "within 4 years of age" and "12 or older". So it would have been legal child rape and abuse.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2021, 06:30:32 PM »

While the laws have become a little less permissive since, I believe the law at the time was "within 4 years of age" and "12 or older". So it would have been legal child rape and abuse.

Well, all this took place in Florida, so you'd have to figure out the laws there in the early 80s.  Bouchard did continue to raise the child who currently is in jail in California charged with multiple sex offense charges.

https://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/us-house-candidate-bouchard-says-he-impregnated-14-year-old-when-he-was-18/article_c3996062-e6ad-5027-96a9-1bcd0f832eda.html
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2021, 08:13:59 AM »

I wonder what happened to the child. Bouchard says they’re basically estranged and he’s made some choices he doesn’t approve of, which is coming from a conservative Republican so the son might be a completely normal individual.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2021, 09:05:01 AM »

I wonder what happened to the child. Bouchard says they’re basically estranged and he’s made some choices he doesn’t approve of, which is coming from a conservative Republican so the son might be a completely normal individual.

Anthony Bouchard seems like an awful dude, and his son does not seem better.

https://meaww.com/tony-bouchard-anthony-bouchard-son-teen-girl-pregnant-sex-crime-sodomy-charges
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2021, 10:31:50 AM »

Bouchard and Gray have announced their candidacies.

If multiple people run, that's good news for Cheney. She won her first primary with less than 40% in a field of nine candidates.

If she does manage to squeak by I bet a decent chunk of agitated Trumpites go third party. It's doubtful it would be enough to spoil the election given the high Republican floor that Wyoming has but there's enough of a chance that Democrats should try to recruit a decent candidate.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2021, 10:41:41 AM »

Anthony Bouchard seems like an awful dude, and his son does not seem better.

https://meaww.com/tony-bouchard-anthony-bouchard-son-teen-girl-pregnant-sex-crime-sodomy-charges

Jesus.

Why is it so hard for the media to say rape? That’s what happened here. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, although what happened with Tony was much more despicable.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2021, 12:31:17 PM »

If multiple people run, that's good news for Cheney. She won her first primary with less than 40% in a field of nine candidates.

If she does manage to squeak by I bet a decent chunk of agitated Trumpites go third party. It's doubtful it would be enough to spoil the election given the high Republican floor that Wyoming has but there's enough of a chance that Democrats should try to recruit a decent candidate.

It's more likely that a Trump third-party candidate would win outright than it is a Democrat beats Cheney.
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2021, 02:08:05 PM »

It's more likely that a Trump third-party candidate would win outright than it is a Democrat beats Cheney.

Maybe, still worth a try though because it’s always possible. Look at Doug Jones beating Roy Moore. This is one of many reasons IMO Democrats should never have abandoned the 50 state strategy and should contest every seat.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2021, 03:15:09 PM »

Maybe, still worth a try though because it’s always possible. Look at Doug Jones beating Roy Moore. This is one of many reasons IMO Democrats should never have abandoned the 50 state strategy and should contest every seat.

That's true. I definitely agree on the 50 state strategy, but in order for that to work, the national party will need to build a platform and market itself in a way that is inclusive and could conceivably appeal to all 50 states. Right now, they don't seem to be doing that, although they're probably doing better on that front with Biden in the White House than they were when they were the Resistance party. 
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2021, 11:38:44 PM »

That's true. I definitely agree on the 50 state strategy, but in order for that to work, the national party will need to build a platform and market itself in a way that is inclusive and could conceivably appeal to all 50 states. Right now, they don't seem to be doing that, although they're probably doing better on that front with Biden in the White House than they were when they were the Resistance party.

Except that Biden has been governing as an aggressive liberal, and this reliably partisan D trifecta isn’t going to make things easier for red state Democrats when it (effectively) nukes the filibuster, adds new states, packs the courts, passes S 1, etc. Nothing the Democratic Party has passed or will pass under Biden will help Democrats make inroads in "red America." There’s quite literally nothing about the Democratic brand that is appealing to red state voters.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2021, 12:35:27 AM »

Except that Biden has been governing as an aggressive liberal, and this reliably partisan D trifecta isn’t going to make things easier for red state Democrats when it (effectively) nukes the filibuster, adds new states, packs the courts, passes S 1, etc. Nothing the Democratic Party has passed or will pass under Biden will help Democrats make inroads in "red America." There’s quite literally nothing about the Democratic brand that is appealing to red state voters.

Stuff like the child tax credit and the stimulus money and presiding over the vaccine rollout are probably more appealing to red state voters than anti-Trump #Resistance politics with no results whatsoever. It won't matter or help in 2022, though.
JMT

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2021, 10:42:12 AM »

Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2021, 11:13:45 AM »

Hageman isn’t just banking on Trump’s endorsement in the coming primary against Cheney: Top Trump staffers and allies are in her corner, including some who are in talks to occupy key roles on her campaign or with a super PAC prepared to back her. Some former Trump campaign hands and advisers met with Hageman in March at the urging of local conservatives.

Trump’s endorsement announcement could come any day, but he has already told Hageman that she has his support, sources said.

Doubtful that Cheney will be favored with the full weight of the Trump machine and local conservatives behind Hageman.
JMT

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2021, 10:47:14 AM »

Here’s the formal endorsement, and Cheney’s response. Also noteworthy: Trump’s statement claims that Cynthia Lummis is backing Hageman as well:

JMT

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2021, 01:55:40 PM »

Interesting…

Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2021, 05:15:46 PM »

Here’s the formal endorsement, and Cheney’s response. Also noteworthy: Trump’s statement claims that Cynthia Lummis is backing Hageman as well:

Not a fan of the endorsement. Chuck Gray all the way.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2021, 07:05:48 AM »

Ok, she's a bit f**ked:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/09/trump-endorsement-primary-cheney-511074

The moment Donald Trump picked his favorite to take on his nemesis, Rep. Liz Cheney, other pieces started falling into place in Wyoming.

One of Cheney's other potential primary challengers promptly signaled he wouldn't run, and another candidate dropped out and endorsed Harriet Hageman soon after Trump endorsed her in the Republican primary against Cheney - moving the race toward the one-on-one battle Trump craves in his quest for revenge against Cheney after her aisle-crossing vote to impeach him.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies