MI-GOV Megathread: 👵🏻 Gram died alone.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:31:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MI-GOV Megathread: 👵🏻 Gram died alone.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23
Author Topic: MI-GOV Megathread: 👵🏻 Gram died alone.  (Read 37168 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: October 19, 2022, 08:13:02 PM »

How's this race going? Gretchen Whitmer is one of my favorite governors in the country.

Is she likely to win or what?
So, no answer?

Yes, she's likely to win, although she's not far enough ahead to consider it safe.  538 gives her a 91% chance to win, which seems a bit high IMO.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #501 on: October 19, 2022, 10:53:35 PM »

I could see Whitmer winning anywhere from 3% to 12% depends how independents vote. Most Republicans hate her. She come across as somewhat moderate and likeable though, Dixon is unknown and you only see ads attacking Whitmer now not really about Dixon herself, but Whitmer has been running ads attacking Dixon for months, abortion and tax cuts for rich people like Betsey DeVos who is funding Dixon.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #502 on: October 20, 2022, 07:44:00 AM »

I could see Whitmer winning anywhere from 3% to 12% depends how independents vote. Most Republicans hate her. She come across as somewhat moderate and likeable though, Dixon is unknown and you only see ads attacking Whitmer now not really about Dixon herself, but Whitmer has been running ads attacking Dixon for months, abortion and tax cuts for rich people like Betsey DeVos who is funding Dixon.

Yeah, important to note that everything that I've seen from the few ads that RGA/DeVos are running (since Dixon can't afford any herself), are all anti-Whitmer. There doesn't appear to be anything actually propping up Dixon positively.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #503 on: October 21, 2022, 11:43:36 AM »

https://twitter.com/TudorDixon/status/1583080877772648449?s=20&t=eQygRZdc2RmcGNouppLACw
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #504 on: October 21, 2022, 12:40:42 PM »

Yeah, important to note that everything that I've seen from the few ads that RGA/DeVos are running (since Dixon can't afford any herself), are all anti-Whitmer. There doesn't appear to be anything actually propping up Dixon positively.
The fact Dixon can't afford ads herself is of course a strong sign that she is primed to be defined before she can define herself, which is the Obama 2012 playbook.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #505 on: October 21, 2022, 01:00:51 PM »

You've seen anti-Whitmer ads? I haven't seen any, but I primarily use NFL Network, NBA TV, Youtube, and Hulu.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #506 on: October 21, 2022, 01:01:25 PM »

You've seen anti-Whitmer ads? I haven't seen any, but I primarily use NFL Network, NBA TV, Youtube, and Hulu.

RGA has been running some, but I don't think any of their buys have been that huge.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #507 on: October 21, 2022, 01:43:28 PM »

RGA has been running some, but I don't think any of their buys have been that huge.

I just asked my Dad who watches Cable TV in MI, and there's been by far more Pro-Whitmer/Anti-Dixon ads compared to anti-Whitmer and pro-Dixon, we live in Upton's current district which I think is all of the southern border of MI now with redistricting. 
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #508 on: October 21, 2022, 11:57:58 PM »

The Detroit News endorses Dixon
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #509 on: October 22, 2022, 12:48:26 AM »

The Detroit News endorses Dixon
Late
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #510 on: October 22, 2022, 12:59:29 AM »

RCP now has Dixon winning in their projection
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #511 on: October 22, 2022, 02:52:29 AM »

Is Dixon getting some late momentum or something? It seemed like this race was in the bag at the beginning of the month.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #512 on: October 22, 2022, 07:16:48 AM »

Is Dixon getting some late momentum or something? It seemed like this race was in the bag at the beginning of the month.

There appears to be late momentum occurring here, as the race has tightened and Dixon has consolidated the Republican base here. She apparently did well in the debate, and that might have swayed some undecideds in her direction. Perhaps she is also benefiting from the general Republican rise in the polls that seems to be occurring.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #513 on: October 22, 2022, 07:33:35 AM »

My roommate is voting for Whitmer, though he's a single-issue Pot voter, Ngl I think  dude is always stoned. I've never seen him sober.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #514 on: October 22, 2022, 11:49:58 AM »

It’s still in the bag, don’t let the hacks gaslight you
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #515 on: October 22, 2022, 11:51:32 AM »

RCP now has Dixon winning in their projection

Ha no
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #516 on: October 22, 2022, 11:59:35 AM »

Pollster take ever R leaning poll at face value even on the forum, because it has an R leading  but I never liked HOCHUL that was President Johnson and Sir Muhammad candidates
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #517 on: October 26, 2022, 12:43:20 AM »

They had a debate tonight, but it didn't seem to get any attention here.

Whitmer had a great line "Do you really think books are more dangerous to children than guns? Do you really think that?"
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #518 on: October 27, 2022, 01:14:53 PM »

Her and Mastriano would really get along greatly

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #519 on: October 27, 2022, 01:48:57 PM »

Good grief.  She's unhinged.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #520 on: October 27, 2022, 02:22:25 PM »

So democrats have been trying to destroy the United States ever since 1861…

That is a take
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #521 on: October 27, 2022, 02:29:21 PM »

Republican candidates and officials constantly out-stupid themselves every time... for years.
Duke of York

« Reply #522 on: October 27, 2022, 03:27:08 PM »

Republican candidates and officials constantly out-stupid themselves every time... for years.
and there is a decent chance Dixon could win.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #523 on: October 27, 2022, 04:18:33 PM »

Dixon is still better than the wicked witch of the north.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #524 on: October 28, 2022, 10:55:17 PM »

I'm very curious to see how the Governor race goes by CD. Michigan has a ton of competitive districts, including like 3 possible tipping points, now and it could have implications down the ballot.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies