Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:06:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 141701 times)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: January 25, 2018, 09:12:07 PM »

My mom ordered my sandwich under (an abbreviation) of my name instead of my birth name, so I feel pretty happy right now. And it was a pretty good sandwich, too.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #576 on: January 25, 2018, 09:13:31 PM »

My parents are holding me prisoner by refusing to let me visit a friend who moved to college (which is about 3-4 hours from where I live) earlier this month who is starving herself and considering suicide, so I'm really getting ing sick of their goddamn controlling bullsh**t. I'm extremely stressed out because I don't know if she'll be alive for much longer and I don't want her to go back to her abusive ex-boyfriend and I'm just extremely scared and anxious at the moment. Me and my parents used to have a good relationship, but now they act like totally different people. I have almost no way to get to her unless I want to spend money on an overpriced bus (literally would cost me $100 roundtrip and I'd need to pay for an uber to get to where she is)

Oh, and my ongoing mental breakdown is getting worse because of this Roll Eyes

I hope things work out for your friend.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #577 on: January 26, 2018, 08:12:01 AM »

And now I've been pulled from my Spanish class until August because I said the teacher I had this semester didn't want me sending in my objectivos online. I need to learn to keep my big mouth shut.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #578 on: January 26, 2018, 08:20:21 AM »

And now I've been pulled from my Spanish class until August because I said the teacher I had this semester didn't want me sending in my objectivos online. I need to learn to keep my big mouth shut.

What?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #579 on: January 26, 2018, 12:08:08 PM »

Heading to Florida in the morning. Will be there for work for almost 2 weeks and will also be jumping around a few major cities during this point.
Tallahassee part of your tour?

Yes! actually, its the main stop on my trip. Sorry for responding late, been a busy week.

Tomorrow will be my last day in Tally for this specific program, but I will be back in the following week for another program. I'll message you when I'm back. I think I may have been on your campus now that I think of it.

No way! Message me when you get back into town, we’ll go get a drink or something!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #580 on: January 26, 2018, 12:31:23 PM »

Well, today my generally deep sadness from the breakup somehow... changed.

Someone I considered a friend in university posted an instagram story, with my (now) ex, which was a collage of pictures, full of hearts a pink hue, and a large "BRO" text. The same guy, who's also gay by the way, went through his own breakup a while ago. He was well-aware of my situation,he knew that I'd see it, and he KNEW exactly how I'll feel about it and how much it'll hurt me a few days after the breakup. It's as if he woke up in the morning and thought, "hm, how can I hurt Tom today?"

Well, I was obviously seething. This was the first time in my life someone I considered a friend betrayed and hurt me like that, and I'm definitely going to be far colder with him from now on. Usually I'm very forgiving and calm, but this just broke every red line for me. It was disgusting. But it did give me some anger to fuel me, an emotion other than sadness, and I think it made me far livelier today. It also gave me motivation to start studying hard for the exams. So a net positive, I guess?
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #581 on: January 26, 2018, 01:41:21 PM »

I just accidentally met Snowstalker. I'm working at my school's library and he walks up to me and introduces himself. Never met him before.

Atlas IRL
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #582 on: January 26, 2018, 02:13:59 PM »

I just accidentally met Snowstalker. I'm working at my school's library and he walks up to me and introduces himself. Never met him before.

Atlas IRL

Lol. Please, say more.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #583 on: January 26, 2018, 02:55:05 PM »

Atlas IRL

Lol. Please, say more.

He walked up and knew my name which like obviously I should've known who he was if he knew me by first and last name and then he said his name was Gabriel and I went from  to  as soon as I realized why that name sounded familiar and then he said Snowstalker and I was like  but he was a nice dude and apparently he goes to Millersville now and yeah just wasn't expecting that today
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #584 on: January 26, 2018, 03:04:57 PM »

My parents are holding me prisoner by refusing to let me visit a friend who moved to college (which is about 3-4 hours from where I live) earlier this month who is starving herself and considering suicide, so I'm really getting ing sick of their goddamn controlling bullsh**t. I'm extremely stressed out because I don't know if she'll be alive for much longer and I don't want her to go back to her abusive ex-boyfriend and I'm just extremely scared and anxious at the moment. Me and my parents used to have a good relationship, but now they act like totally different people. I have almost no way to get to her unless I want to spend money on an overpriced bus (literally would cost me $100 roundtrip and I'd need to pay for an uber to get to where she is)

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know if this would be a good idea or not, but maybe try setting up a GoFundMe account to pay for that $100?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #585 on: January 26, 2018, 03:12:38 PM »

Someone I considered a friend in university posted an instagram story, with my (now) ex, which was a collage of pictures, full of hearts a pink hue, and a large "BRO" text. The same guy, who's also gay by the way, went through his own breakup a while ago. He was well-aware of my situation,he knew that I'd see it, and he KNEW exactly how I'll feel about it and how much it'll hurt me a few days after the breakup. It's as if he woke up in the morning and thought, "hm, how can I hurt Tom today?"

Well, I was obviously seething. This was the first time in my life someone I considered a friend betrayed and hurt me like that, and I'm definitely going to be far colder with him from now on. Usually I'm very forgiving and calm, but this just broke every red line for me. It was disgusting. But it did give me some anger to fuel me, an emotion other than sadness, and I think it made me far livelier today. It also gave me motivation to start studying hard for the exams. So a net positive, I guess?

What an awful thing to do, sheesh... I truly don't understand how people can do such things and find it acceptable. I couldn't in good conscience do anything like that. I've had something similar happen to me if you recall from August, so I can sympathize with your situation. Just don't let it negatively affect your relationships with other people since, obviously, not everyone is like that.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #586 on: January 26, 2018, 05:14:19 PM »

What an awful thing to do, sheesh... I truly don't understand how people can do such things and find it acceptable. I couldn't in good conscience do anything like that. I've had something similar happen to me if you recall from August, so I can sympathize with your situation. Just don't let it negatively affect your relationships with other people since, obviously, not everyone is like that.

I actually didn't see that back then, but found it now. Wow, that sounded awful and much worse than what happened to me. I would've been devastated.
I mean, I'm pretty sure my ex isn't attracted to this other guy- he met us both when uni started and was clearly interested in me and not at all interested in him. The breakup was because he was unable to combine a relationship with studying, so I doubt something will happen between them. Though, I can't deny that a petty part of me wants that inconsiderate "friend" to try and get burned.
But yeah, I could never do something like that too. One needs to have dome basic decency and regard to other people's feelings.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #587 on: January 26, 2018, 08:48:40 PM »

I have a minor concussion and probably shouldn't post too much.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #588 on: January 26, 2018, 10:19:56 PM »

uhhh

1. Your Spanish teacher doesn't want to accept online assignments
2. You mention this.
3. You are pulled from your Spanish class as a punishment.

This doesn't make sense.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #589 on: January 26, 2018, 10:23:19 PM »

uhhh

1. Your Spanish teacher doesn't want to accept online assignments
2. You mention this.
3. You are pulled from your Spanish class as a punishment.

This doesn't make sense.
It wasn't a punishment (at least, not as far as I know), just a re-scheduling, because the teacher is quite firm on the "no online sending" thing and no other Spanish classes were open.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #590 on: January 27, 2018, 01:30:26 AM »

Parrotguy, that guy sounds like a real asshole. Hopefully losing his friend knocks some sense into the guy before the next dude he POs does it himself.

In lighter news, I have reached the peak of my short life in every imaginable way. Downside is that there's probably nowhere to go but down for the next 70 years or so
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #591 on: January 27, 2018, 11:13:23 AM »

Heading to Florida in the morning. Will be there for work for almost 2 weeks and will also be jumping around a few major cities during this point.
Tallahassee part of your tour?

Yes! actually, its the main stop on my trip. Sorry for responding late, been a busy week.

Tomorrow will be my last day in Tally for this specific program, but I will be back in the following week for another program. I'll message you when I'm back. I think I may have been on your campus now that I think of it.

No way! Message me when you get back into town, we’ll go get a drink or something!

will do!
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #592 on: January 27, 2018, 01:17:50 PM »

Bite the bullet and pay it. Also probably try to cut off your parents as soon as you can.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #593 on: January 27, 2018, 09:43:56 PM »

For the people who've provided me support in my struggle, thank you very much Smiley

I've got some good news, lately things have been improving with my parents, and there's a chance I'll be able to see my friend. There were some misunderstandings on their end about me and her, and so they're becoming more lenient on where I can go and what I can do with my friend. I'm taking caution with them at the moment, but I think things will get better with them in the coming weeks.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #594 on: January 27, 2018, 09:54:06 PM »

In other news, I am now convinced that nobody in my family will be alive by the end of this year, and I'll have nobody to blame for it but myself.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #595 on: January 27, 2018, 10:00:09 PM »

In other news, I am now convinced that nobody in my family will be alive by the end of this year, and I'll have nobody to blame for it but myself.

You're going to perform a Red Wedding on your fam, aren't you?
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #596 on: January 27, 2018, 10:06:05 PM »

You're going to perform a Red Wedding on your fam, aren't you?
Maybe indirectly, and enough so for literally everybody except me to assume it's just a coincidence, but I'm such a self-centered bitch that I won't be able to acknowledge that it's not my fault.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #597 on: January 27, 2018, 10:10:30 PM »

What happened?
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #598 on: January 27, 2018, 10:19:02 PM »

What happened?
Well, I was watching the Mick when my sibling came into the room, and due to their aversion to vomit, I warned them since Mickey was trying to get Ben to throw up a balloon full of what is assumed to be heroin, they should probably leave the room. A few minutes later, my dog (downstairs) had gone berserk and bit my sibling's hand. Nobody died (yet), but I'm still freaking out, so here we are.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #599 on: January 27, 2018, 10:22:40 PM »

What happened?
Well, I was watching the Mick when my sibling came into the room, and due to their aversion to vomit, I warned them since Mickey was trying to get Ben to throw up a balloon full of what is assumed to be heroin, they should probably leave the room. A few minutes later, my dog (downstairs) had gone berserk and bit my sibling's hand. Nobody died (yet), but I'm still freaking out, so here we are.
Oh dear...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies