Would a Biden/Sanders ticket win?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:37:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Would a Biden/Sanders ticket win?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Would a Biden/Sanders ticket win?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Would a Biden/Sanders ticket win?  (Read 2940 times)
Higgins
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2017, 11:23:32 AM »

Why would Bernie want to be Veep when he has more power as a senator?

It's the only way to control him. Bernie in my book is the kind of person who, if he lost the primary again, would make sure his supporters throw the election again. Vindictive and malicious little man. The BernieBros would also not accept Warren as VP. For them it's "Bernie or Bust." They represent a danger and dagger in the back to the Democratic Party. Unless he is on the ticket, any ticket will lose to Trump.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2017, 01:26:48 PM »

It's the only way to control him. Bernie in my book is the kind of person who, if he lost the primary again, would make sure his supporters throw the election again. Vindictive and malicious little man. The BernieBros would also not accept Warren as VP. For them it's "Bernie or Bust." They represent a danger and dagger in the back to the Democratic Party. Unless he is on the ticket, any ticket will lose to Trump.

He's 6'3"...
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2017, 09:30:30 PM »

Absolutely. Probably the highest possible name recognition of any ticket, while Biden strongly appeals to moderates and Sanders energizes the most progressive members of the party. Both of them are likable and come off as at least mostly genuine, and both are solid debaters, particularly Biden. I don't see them having any trouble winning back the crucial WWC counties in WI/MI/PA that Clinton lost. Their age might be a tad discouraging, but I doubt it would be a serious issue.

Fmr. VP Joseph Biden (D-DE) / Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-VT) - 348 EV
President Donald Trump (R-NY) / VP Michael Pence (R-IN) - 190

Obama 2008 - IN. NC/OH/FL would all be very close but I see Biden/Sanders with the edge.
GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: 2.09

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2017, 10:07:30 PM »

This. Bernie is evil and trying to destroy the democratic party, it's all his fault Clinton lost.
Tancred
Rookie

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2017, 09:30:41 AM »

Absolutely. Probably the highest possible name recognition of any ticket, while Biden strongly appeals to moderates and Sanders energizes the most progressive members of the party. Both of them are likable and come off as at least mostly genuine, and both are solid debaters, particularly Biden. I don't see them having any trouble winning back the crucial WWC counties in WI/MI/PA that Clinton lost. Their age might be a tad discouraging, but I doubt it would be a serious issue.

Fmr. VP Joseph Biden (D-DE) / Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-VT) - 348 EV
President Donald Trump (R-NY) / VP Michael Pence (R-IN) - 190

Obama 2008 - IN. NC/OH/FL would all be very close but I see Biden/Sanders with the edge.

Good analysis, I agree with you. This ticket would help to unite the moderate and progressive wings of the Democratic Party.
Andy Hine
Rookie
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2017, 11:43:48 AM »

Maybe. Sanders wouldn't know how to play his role. He's too thirsty for the limelight.
This is probably the stupidest thing that I've ever read from an Atlas Democrat so far.

The ticket would kick ass, but the problem with it is age. If Biden or Sanders is the nominee, they have to pick someone much younger, preferably under 65 years old, to take their place if they die. IMO a Biden/Merkley ticket, or a Sanders/Warner ticket, would be better.

Warner will be 65 by Inauguration Day, lmao.
Trump is 70...
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2017, 12:14:48 PM »

Maybe. Sanders wouldn't know how to play his role. He's too thirsty for the limelight.
This is probably the stupidest thing that I've ever read from an Atlas Democrat so far.

The ticket would kick ass, but the problem with it is age. If Biden or Sanders is the nominee, they have to pick someone much younger, preferably under 65 years old, to take their place if they die. IMO a Biden/Merkley ticket, or a Sanders/Warner ticket, would be better.

Warner will be 65 by Inauguration Day, lmao.
Trump is 70...

Okay? TheLeftwardTide said Sanders's VP should be younger than 65.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies