Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:29:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd  (Read 46047 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: May 28, 2020, 04:09:36 PM »
« edited: May 28, 2020, 04:15:35 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

The officers were fired and it is being handled by the FBI. This seems to be being handled appropriately so far. This isn't a western, we have a legal system, after a killing you shouldn't just hang the perpetrator at dawn.

Destroying buildings that provide people with vital supplies now when they are scarce isn't going to bring Floyd or anyone else back to life. It's also pretty glaring that people on the far left who were calling people "murderers" for not following social distancing regulations are now completely fine with this.
I am not fine with this. For the record, these protestors need to be punished for breaking the rules. They should be fined heavily at the very least.

I too support "heavily fining" people whose average net worth is probably a debt in excess of four figures
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 10:34:09 AM »

And for those of you saying that property destruction is pointless and just hurts your cause, I'd like this image to remind you of American history.

I look forward to fighting in the upcoming war. Hope you find it worthwhile. Always said I would've been a loyalist, now's my time to prove it.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 12:15:13 AM »

Keisha Lance Bottoms would be the most reassuring Vice President imaginable at this point. Tells it like it is! Very impressive.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 10:38:03 PM »

Things going south quickly here

That's just Chicago being Chicago. That'd be like posting about a purse snatcher in Central Park in 1981.

Ah yes, I've never taken a trip to Mag Mile without someone taking a shot at me.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 10:09:50 AM »
« Edited: June 03, 2020, 04:49:24 PM by texasgurl »

https://twitter.com/LeonHWolf/status/1268168296714698752?s=19
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 07:29:19 PM »

It is an absolute tragedy that the other officers were charged and even worse are remaining held on $1 million bond. They deserve to be not guilty as quickly as the poor police senselessly charged in the Freddy Gray case. My heart goes out to them and their beautiful families needlessly suffering to quell a mob that knows no virtue when all they do every day of their lives is serve their community. So painful to know this injustice exists.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 07:43:39 PM »

It is an absolute tragedy that the other officers were charged and even worse are remaining held on $1 million bond. They deserve to be not guilty as quickly as the poor police senselessly charged in the Freddy Gray case. My heart goes out to them and their beautiful families needlessly suffering to quell a mob that knows no virtue when all they do every day of their lives is serve their community. So painful to know this injustice exists.
Is this a meme?

I thought you "didn't care" about this case.

You really have some severe reading issues. I wrote that people are able to ignore peaceful protests if they want and that I would pass by without a care. I care very deeply about the unnecessary trauma being inflicted on these completely innocent men and their families for being present at the scene of accidental manslaughter.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 07:46:33 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2020, 07:50:03 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

Let's let a jury decide. You don't know all of the evidence that supported these arrests. If there's exculpatory evidence they might be acquitted easily. As for the bail, thy're accused of abetting murder, of course they're not going to just be allowed to roam free.

We all know what supported the arrests because it's the same thing that always happens. Politicians felt there was a name to make for themselves by appealing to an unhinged and illogical mob against all sensible justice. Remember when Stephanie Rawlings-Blake thought she could make herself a national name. And especially Marilyn Mosby.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2020, 07:55:09 PM »

Is this a meme?

I thought you "didn't care" about this case.

You really have some severe reading issues. I wrote that people are able to ignore peaceful protests if they want and that I would pass by without a care. I care very deeply about the unnecessary trauma being inflicted on these completely innocent men and their families for being present at the scene of accidental manslaughter.
If you think the protests could have caused the arrests (I would agree there's a decent chance they did), it doesn't make sense to not care about them given your subsequent consideration of the resulting arrests as a tragedy.

I believe the rioting and violence caused that since that is what got news coverage. Action was taken to prevent destruction of valuable property. Non-violent protest would have done nothing alone. Now it's time for bad officials to reward bad behavior to limit the damage to their regimes. But it seems like you and I are only capable off talking in circles.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2020, 08:19:44 PM »

We all know what supported the arrests because it's the same thing that always happens. Politicians felt there was a name to make for themselves by appealing to an unhinged and illogical mob against all sensible justice. Remember when Stephanie Rawlings-Blake thought she could make herself a national name. And especially Marilyn Mosby.

I don't know that. I assume that probable cause was found since they have been charged, and I'm willing to keep an open mind that there will not be proof beyond a reasonable doubt of their guilt.

To be fair this case is more clear cut than many previous BLM cases, and Officers Keung and Lang were holding Floyd down, so if Chauvin committed a crime then they certainly helped in it. And Thao did as well by physically protecting Chauvin from bystanders. You could say they were accessories to a crime which warrants being charged, in a similar way that the getaway driver is charged even though he didn't commit the robbery.

As far as politicians "making a name" sure, but absent public pressure the police and prosecutorial systems have an incestuous relationship. What's really needed is a truly independent prosecutorial branch that oversees the police, but we don't have that. Without these cell phone videos the whole thing would have been swept under the rug.

The getaway driver intended to be part of a crime job. The police intended to enforce the law as a legitimate job that supports our municipalities, and one of their colleagues did that job inadequately. They didn't willingly plan on being there for the commission of a crime. That's the problem with all these leftists - they believe that being a cop is a criminal act in itself. Arresting a suspect experiencing side effects of drugs translates to third degree assault - give me a break.

Inaction in a window of minutes should not be a criminal matter.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2020, 07:38:46 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2020, 08:28:31 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

This moves prosecution from unjust to downright evil. Anyone who supports this prosecution deserves misery for the rest of their lives.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies