S.20.2-2: Changing Our Capitol Amendment (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 12:53:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.20.2-2: Changing Our Capitol Amendment (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.20.2-2: Changing Our Capitol Amendment (Passed)  (Read 965 times)
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« on: April 29, 2020, 02:34:33 PM »

I think we should have a two-part referendum to deal with this question. Ran similarly to how the flag referendum was in 2019.

We will have a notice and comment period where people can put forward various proposals for the capital. A vote will then be held to see which alternative option is most popular.

After there is an alternative, we will have a second ballot question concerning whether we want to move the capitol to that location or have it remain in Nashville.
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 04:27:30 PM »

I object.

While I am neutral to the idea of a capitol change, I think there is enough interest in the subject to merit a vote.

I think the best approach would be a two-vote system as I proposed. The first vote (to select which alternate capital location should be put to a vote), can occur mid-term, while the final vote on moving the capital to the new location or remaining in Nashville can be held concurrently with the next chamber elections, so there is maximum turnout to settle the issue.
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 02:38:04 PM »

Proposed Amendment:

Section 1:
a. There will be an advisory, instant-runoff-voting referendum held mid-term to select the most popular alternative capitol location.
b. Nashville, Tennessee, or any locality in the Nashville, Tennessee Metropolitan statistical area cannot appear as an option on this referendum

Section 2:
a. The most popular alternative capitol location selected according to Section 1 (hereafter referred to as "selected locality") will be placed on the ballot as constitutional amendment for the location for a new capitol, concurrent with the next Southern Chamber election.
b. should the constitutional amendment pass, this will modify the Southern Constitution, Article I, Section 2 to read:
2. The regional capital for The South established in this Constitution shall be Nashville, Tennessee <Selected Locality, Selected Locality's State>. The region may also be referred to as the Southern Region.
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 05:47:18 PM »

I motion for a vote
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 08:33:19 PM »

Objecting to the motion due to waiting for amendment to pass.

It's passed at the time you posted it, hasn't it?

I thought it was 24 hours when I posted, but I wasn't set to EST.

Regardless, if there is a technical issue, then I motion for a vote again.
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 01:28:17 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies