Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:11:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0  (Read 289576 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: November 08, 2020, 12:14:35 PM »

What kind of grace period will progressives give the man who saved us from Trump?

Prob. about fifteen minutes until he says something "problematic" and then the tantrums will begin. Fortunately Biden doesn't care about woke twitter which is part of why he won.

Progressive organizations and activists across the country worked their damnedest to elect Biden and other Democrats. He owes this victory in part to them, and they are right to expect Biden to fight on their behalf. Enough with the insults and the belittlement, already.

I will say this, as a Neoliberal. Our problem this election was in no part due to the lack of effort from Progressives. Nina Turner be damned, but all in all the progressive wing held up their bargain and Biden campaigned on MANY of their policies.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 05:07:33 PM »

Echelon Insights:

Biden Job Approval: 55/43 (EVEN)
Handling of COVID-19: 59/37 (-3)
The Economy: 52/45  (+1)
Foreign Policy: 46/45 (-4)
Immigration: 45/50 (+3)
Crime & Public Safety: 46/45 (First time being asked)

Biden Personal Approval: 53/45 (-1)
Harris Personal Approval: 48/47 (-2)

Also of note: Generic Congressional Ballot is a D lead of 7 points with 48/41, in comparison to 46/42 last month.

Link to more data here: https://echeloninsights.com/in-the-news/july-omnibus-political/

I was intrigued at first, especially by Biden being at a net positive on crime (unheard of for a Democrat!) until I saw this. Trash it!

Pessimist is Pessimistic
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2022, 02:13:59 PM »

What is the point of a job if the money you get from it can’t pay for basic groceries?

Chicken prices are DOUBLED.  And chicken was always the cheapest of the meat.  It wasn't always that way.  My elderly friend from the UK talked of how chicken was always just a Christmas thing.  Then when we had a more robust bipartisanship chicken became the kind of thing you could eat every day if you want.  It feels like that's going away and Biden doesn't hear us.  And his biggest fans are just going on about 3.5 unemployments (DOESN'T TELL THE WHOLE STORY) while I'm in the market saying "can't do chicken this week, baby."  What are we going to be onto now?  Tofu???  That stuff is gross.  

Hey! Don’t you dare diss tofu! Yeah I agree with you about everything…but tofu is literally an amazing food, you can do so much with it and the haters are WRONG! Yeah it doesn’t taste like chicken but it’s not supposed to, it’s good as it’s own thing!

Sorry passionate food rant. But yeah inflation is out of control and the Dems have done nothing about it.

I had a really bad experience with tofu on an international flight where I was stuck in the bathroom dry heaving for hours.  Maybe it's like when a really strong alcohol makes you sick and you can never drink it again.  

Off thread-topic, but it is!

Our gag and vomit reflex is one of the strongest in our bodies.  If a food makes us sick (or even if we get sick unrelated to something recently eaten), our brains typically file that away in the permanent archives.  

It's thought that this stems from our hominid ancestors, in the days when we foraged for berries and leaves.  

If an individual ingested a berry from a toxic plant and became ill, the brain would then say "hey, maybe we shouldn't eat that again".  This may have carried over into our modern Homo sapiens species.  

Is this why after I drink a lot and throw up I have that feeling of "I never want to drink again"?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies