China calls on Canada to free Huawei CFO or face consequences (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:53:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  China calls on Canada to free Huawei CFO or face consequences (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: China calls on Canada to free Huawei CFO or face consequences  (Read 1192 times)
Omega21

« on: December 12, 2018, 04:09:05 PM »

China should refuse to take part in any trade talks with Trump until Canada returns her back to China. If Canada extradites her to the US, China should cut off all diplomatic relationships with Canada and put more tariffs on American goods.
yeah, they totally should!  That would teach us all to get out of bed with the PRC right quick.  We're slowly learning the lesson anyway, this would just hurry that a long.  There are lots of other sh**tty places that can make our cheap crap for us.  It might cost us a bit more, but at least they won't steal our designs.  Yes, I understand that communist regimes trying to catch up have to steal from the clever capitalistic pig dogs, how else are you going to be competitive?  Certainly not through creativity or hard work.

and please please please be a pro PRC poster, we deseperatly need one.  That's a really hard job to fill here.  Very challenging, I'm sure you're more than up for the task.

China is no longer just a place that makes cheap sh**t, and even though I would choose America any day of the week, they do deserve a certain amount of respect, since the time it took them to go from nothing to the biggest Economy in the World is a feat.

The last time America underestimated an enemy, 60,000 Men died to rice farmers who had no training and no air support, and the US was forced to retreat (both by internal and external factors), so don't repeat it.

They are a dictatorship, but so is Saudi Arabia, so you can't hate on one and not hate on the other.
Omega21

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 05:33:32 AM »

When your country acts like a gangster it says all you need to know.

A Chinese business executive is arrested for violating sanctions on a rogue terrorist state, and the China's answer, "release the executive or face consequences"

A Saudi orchestrated plot eliminates an American journalist and the first response is, "keep your mouth shut or enjoy $400 a barrel oil".

Remember when free trade was suppose to liberate the world? All it seems to have done here is allow terrorist and gangster regimes to extort us into silence and inaction while they spread tyranny, extremism and terror around the globe.

I agree.

It is very hypocritical to be BFF with S. Arabia, but bash a Chinese company for trading with Iran, as they are probably a bit less evil, and less powerful than S. Arabia.

That's the main issue I always had with American leaders, hypocrisy.

Not saying Russia, China or others don't do it, but I always expect more of America than the other less free states.
Omega21

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 11:33:51 AM »

China is no longer just a place that makes cheap sh**t, and even though I would choose America any day of the week, they do deserve a certain amount of respect, since the time it took them to go from nothing to the biggest Economy in the World is a feat.

This is an appalling display of ignorance. China has never been "nothing" - they are the greatest and most enduring civilization in human history. Even when they were on their knees in 1945 at one of the lowest points in their history, they were important enough to be founding members of the UN Security Council. Singapore is a tiger that rose out of nothing - China is the dragon that is reclaiming its rightful place on top of the world. It is our job to resist.

"You have the watches, we have the time" sums up China's ambitions perfectly.

(I realize dull0's post was even worse, but he's a lost cause)

During the Famine, they lost 15+ Million people (5% of the USA today), so yes, economically and politically they were nothing compared to today.

I am not referring to their culture, people, or anything else, but simply comparing the economic and political power they have today, to their situation before, and if you look at any economic chart you will also see that what they were years ago compared to today is almost nothing.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies