China calls on Canada to free Huawei CFO or face consequences (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:20:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  China calls on Canada to free Huawei CFO or face consequences (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: China calls on Canada to free Huawei CFO or face consequences  (Read 1189 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: December 10, 2018, 08:57:17 AM »

Seems like our relationship with the Chinese is irreparably damaged. Hope that doesn’t translate to South China Seas escalation.
Do you know anything about anything?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 09:37:11 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/11/technology/huawei-executive-canada-bail-decision.html

Released on $7.5m bail under the conditions of electronic monitoring and 24-hour surveillance.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-huawei-tech-exclusive/exclusive-trump-says-he-could-intervene-in-u-s-case-against-huawei-cfo-idUSKBN1OA2PQ

Trump making vague word salad statement about the possibility of him personally getting involved.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 09:38:32 AM »

China should refuse to take part in any trade talks with Trump until Canada returns her back to China. If Canada extradites her to the US, China should cut off all diplomatic relationships with Canada and put more tariffs on American goods.

Or maybe we should let, you know, the legal process play out...
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 12:17:04 PM »

China should refuse to take part in any trade talks with Trump until Canada returns her back to China. If Canada extradites her to the US, China should cut off all diplomatic relationships with Canada and put more tariffs on American goods.

Or maybe we should let, you know, the legal process play out...
Their holding her on trumped up charges (no pun intended), that are based on America’s illegal sanctions on Iran (Iran is not building Nuclear weapons). As a proud first-generation Chinese American (I was born in Beijing and hold dual citizenship), I stand with the Peoples Republic of China in their efforts to withstand America’s deranged Neoconservative foreign policy.

1. China (technically, the US, too) doesn't recognize dual citizenship.
2. The multiple contradictions in both being a "proud" Chinese-American, yet "standing" with China over the US in foreign policy while simultaneously openly rejecting the well-known (and well-respected by Chinese citizens) Chinese policy against dual citizenship

This is why I say that we need a real war (not a trade war) with China. Unfortunately, most of Atlas has never lived there, so they cannot even comprehend the dragon.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 10:49:47 AM »
« Edited: December 13, 2018, 10:52:48 AM by Trump is obviously guilty but I don't care »

China is no longer just a place that makes cheap sh**t, and even though I would choose America any day of the week, they do deserve a certain amount of respect, since the time it took them to go from nothing to the biggest Economy in the World is a feat.

This is an appalling display of ignorance. China has never been "nothing" - they are the greatest and most enduring civilization in human history. Even when they were on their knees in 1945 at one of the lowest points in their history, they were important enough to be founding members of the UN Security Council. Singapore is a tiger that rose out of nothing - China is the dragon that is reclaiming its rightful place on top of the world. It is our job to resist.

"You have the watches, we have the time" sums up China's ambitions perfectly.

(I realize dull0's post was even worse, but he's a lost cause)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies