Was unbanning Libertas the correct decision? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 03:28:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Was unbanning Libertas the correct decision? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Was unbanning Libertas the correct decision?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 107

Author Topic: Was unbanning Libertas the correct decision?  (Read 13290 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: January 15, 2015, 05:23:51 PM »

What Oakvale said is more or less right. I don't give a f**k about Libertas' new political views and think it's transparently shallow that so many people are now defending the guy just because he came back, with nothing else to show for his alleged personal evolution other than "hey guys, I'm a liberal now! and I've been checking my privilege so hard!" and then a bunch of people here started eating it up. Libertas' general behavior is no less disruptive, his attitude no less unhinged, than it ever was before, and if he hadn't made some transformation to generic young gay leftist I would wager half the people that are defending him wouldn't be either.

Even the thought process that led to his unbanning continues to elude me. Like, why? Did someone on the team just wake up one day and feel like unbanning someone so they just threw a dart at the wall? Even if we're going to accept the idea behind unbanning people (which I don't, it seems completely pointless, there is no net-gain here) why him, of all people?

And all the accusations of bigotry and prudery are so ridiculous at this point so as to not even be worth responding to. You do a disservice to the weight behind those words by using them so wantonly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies