Should Tom Kean Jr. leave politics? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:24:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Should Tom Kean Jr. leave politics? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Should Tom Kean Jr. leave politics?  (Read 1340 times)
LabourJersey
United States

« on: December 23, 2020, 12:00:16 PM »

Kean Jr. should wait for New Jersey redistricting. There could end up being a more Republican district that he would be favored to win in a Biden midterm. Even in the current NJ-07, Kean Jr. probably would have won in a more Republican-friendly year.
NJ Dems have no reason to draw another R-leaning district. Their best bet is to vote sink Van-Drew along with NJ-4 while drawing the remaining seats as safe/likely D. 

I think the common thought is that the Democrats will sacrifice Malinowski to make Sherill's and Gottheimer's districts more Democratic. Mainly give Sherill the Union County portions of NJ-07 and Gottheimer take some of the northern towns in NJ-11.

I don't know if they'll do it, but I guess there's something to be said for having a nice, safe 9-3 map.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 09:18:40 PM »

Kean Jr. should wait for New Jersey redistricting. There could end up being a more Republican district that he would be favored to win in a Biden midterm. Even in the current NJ-07, Kean Jr. probably would have won in a more Republican-friendly year.
NJ Dems have no reason to draw another R-leaning district. Their best bet is to vote sink Van-Drew along with NJ-4 while drawing the remaining seats as safe/likely D. 

I think the common thought is that the Democrats will sacrifice Malinowski to make Sherill's and Gottheimer's districts more Democratic. Mainly give Sherill the Union County portions of NJ-07 and Gottheimer take some of the northern towns in NJ-11.

I don't know if they'll do it, but I guess there's something to be said for having a nice, safe 9-3 map.

Do you think Democrats do anything to get rid of Smith and Van Drew? Maybe add some Camden suburbs in Van Drew's district?

They could, but it's hard to not draw at least one strongly Republican district based around the Jersey shore. Ocean County is large and very Republican, not to mention Cape May. And Monmouth is also large but Republican outside of a few major towns.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies