Is anti Trump red baiting here to stay? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:55:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is anti Trump red baiting here to stay? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is it the new normal
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Is anti Trump red baiting here to stay?  (Read 1230 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: November 19, 2016, 05:23:56 PM »

Just because he won doesn't mean we should just roll over and deal with the fact that a foreign nation succeeded in influencing our nation's election.

Well, the God-Emperor had help from Moscow. That much we know. The Russians were very much pro-God-Emperor Trump because, a deal's a deal and Trump is a yuuuge negotiatior.

That is not even the worse part. What happens when Trump tries to dine and dash or when Putin has decided the US Alt-Right has outlived their usefulness?

To be honest, putting aside my snark, I think that Russia will definitely try to manipulate Trump, who is very ... easy to do so and has isolationist tendencies. In other words, Russia will take advantage of Trump's inability to aggressively stand up to Moscow. He's stated as much during the campaign.

Russia is not interested, as foreign policy experts have said, in meddling with our elections as much as creating instability. If they mess with Trump, I can imagine how ... "prepared" his team will be. (aka not very).

I can easily see a situation where Merkel takes the lead on a lot of things or even starts a German nuclear program because of this. Germany could probably compete with Russia militarily if they had one.

What makes you think the Germans - who don't even like civil nuclear energy and are probably the most anti-military in the West - would jump for nuclear weaponry?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 09:59:07 PM »

Just because he won doesn't mean we should just roll over and deal with the fact that a foreign nation succeeded in influencing our nation's election.

Well, the God-Emperor had help from Moscow. That much we know. The Russians were very much pro-God-Emperor Trump because, a deal's a deal and Trump is a yuuuge negotiatior.

That is not even the worse part. What happens when Trump tries to dine and dash or when Putin has decided the US Alt-Right has outlived their usefulness?

To be honest, putting aside my snark, I think that Russia will definitely try to manipulate Trump, who is very ... easy to do so and has isolationist tendencies. In other words, Russia will take advantage of Trump's inability to aggressively stand up to Moscow. He's stated as much during the campaign.

Russia is not interested, as foreign policy experts have said, in meddling with our elections as much as creating instability. If they mess with Trump, I can imagine how ... "prepared" his team will be. (aka not very).

I can easily see a situation where Merkel takes the lead on a lot of things or even starts a German nuclear program because of this. Germany could probably compete with Russia militarily if they had one.

What makes you think the Germans - who don't even like civil nuclear energy and are probably the most anti-military in the West - would jump for nuclear weaponry?

This entire notion that Merkel is the "new leader of the free world"? What else are Europeans going to do with Putin making Trump look the other way? Maybe what I said was hyperbole but is Europe going to roll over?

Germany is hopefully rational enough to realise that a rush to proliferate would only serve to inflame tensions. Remember that Germany is basically as neutral as you can get on Russia - a lot of German figures, notably Gerhard Schroeder, see Russia as a partner and has historically been annoyed when America, the UK and Eastern Europe push for additional sanctions. It's honestly more likely that Poland decides to get a nuclear deterrent than Germany (seems like the sort of stupid thing PiS would do).

If Eastern Europe start viewing America as an unreliable ally, then you might see a push for a unified EU army. Except it would require an exceptional political talent operating at a pan-European level, and no such political talent exists at that level (the two most talented European politicians - Merkel and Renzi - are national figures).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies