USA 2020 Census Results Thread (Release: Today, 26 April) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:23:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  USA 2020 Census Results Thread (Release: Today, 26 April) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: USA 2020 Census Results Thread (Release: Today, 26 April)  (Read 51535 times)
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« on: August 12, 2021, 05:39:49 PM »

Overall, it looks like rural areas were shafted - certainly in terms of raw numbers, and also generally by a bit relative to expectations (but with some variation). Any time that rural areas are shafted, it is a good thing. Besides any impacts on Congressional redistricting, rural areas will clearly be losing representation in state legislatures due to rural population losses. So I'll certify it a Freedom Census.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 05:48:26 PM »

Has rural America ever had such a throroughly bad census before, though?

Not until the 2030 census. I am looking forward to that one for rural areas.

In the 2010 census, especially in areas ~west of the Missisippi and south of the Dakotas or so, there were quite a lot of small rural counties that only had narrow population gains due to Hispanic growth, but which already had *White* population loss. One interesting thing to see in the more granular data would be specifically how much of the White population loss in rural areas was offset by Hispanic growth. The White rural population loss might be even bigger than it looks if it is again the case that there was Hispanic rural growth keeping the overall rural population from dropping by even more.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 05:50:54 PM »

Wait how is that even possible or legal.

If you have a partisan GOP Supreme Court, you simply say that whatever is good for the GOP is legal (and perhaps even that anything good for Dems is illegal). Although it makes a mockery of the idea of representative government, that is all part of the plan.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2021, 07:23:04 PM »

Not if you just baconmander all the districts (yes, including the ones that eat parts of Memphis) all the way to eastern Tennessee.

Would that look awkward?

Yes.

But does it actually matter at all how it looks on a map?

No.

The voters are all just going to vote for whichever candidate has an R by their name anyway. It doesn't matter who that candidate is, where they come from, or even what district they are running in.

A lot of posters on Atlas still operate, to varying degrees, under the delusion that redistricting in the contemporary USA is about things like "communities of interest" or "traditional redistricting principles" or other such relics of the past. But what it really is about is simply rigging the election results so that whichever party one wants to win will always win, regardless of who the voters might actually vote for. Voters don't need (or want) a "Representative" from their community/local area. They want a "Representative" with the correct letter who will unthinkingly attack anyone with a different letter, and be unbreakably tribally loyal to the leader of their letter-group, and bow to whatever are the whims of that leader without question, and who afterward will post inane and vapid memes about it on facebook or twitter so that they can share them with other people in their letter-in-group. This is what the people want.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies