Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:00:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 344175 times)
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« on: January 01, 2021, 12:43:08 PM »

Carter has little chance of winning the primary, and I wish he had just stayed put in the House of Delegates where he has pushed for great things (capping insulin prices, pushing for RTW repeal, etc.).
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 12:58:01 PM »

This is like AOC primarying Schumer (if it were to happen) level stupid.

Maybe this is a hot take, but I actually think AOC would do better against Schumer than Carter would in this primary. The outcome would still be the same with both of them losing, though.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 02:46:01 PM »

I am glad the other Democratic Candidates do not even pose a threat to McAufflie in the June 8th primary. I doubt any of them could even cross 45% of the statewide vote against Youngkin, who will have unlimited funds.

If anything the opposite is closer to reality - it's a question of how the GOP will get above the mid-high 40s to give them a win.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 02:30:45 PM »

An election being close doesn't always mean it's competitive or winnable. Maybe the GOP could get to a 3% loss if the national environment for the Democrats truly falls off, but at a certain point, it becomes challenging to find enough amenable voters to close the gap (as was the case in IA-GOV 2018).
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 06:29:31 PM »

Didn't see this posted, but seems significant-

Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2021, 02:47:30 PM »

I’ve recently been thinking about another potential factor in this and other upcoming elections: Trump and his most outspoken supporters continuing to push 2020 Election grievances by telling their supporters not to vote. Could this be a factor which may end up saving McAuliffe?

I think this factor is pretty overrated. The partisan discrepancies in certain downballot races are probably better explained by Democratic base voters becoming more high propensity (to say nothing of potential reversion of Biden voters toward Youngkin as some polling is indicating which would also be an issue for McAuliffe).
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2021, 05:56:51 PM »

is there even a place called "nassau" in virginia?

This is long island, ny. This thread is for all elections

No, it isn't. The "other" in this thread was meant for other Virginia elections (state leg, row offices, etc.) at the time, not just any elections.

People in this thread need to do a better job of controlling their impulses to post non-Virginia information here. It is totally off-topic, and there are other (potential) threads they can post in without clogging up this already bloated thread about Virginia elections.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies