Why is Florida trending R? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:52:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why is Florida trending R? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is Florida trending R?  (Read 2901 times)
LabourJersey
United States

« on: November 26, 2018, 09:24:24 PM »

I wonder if younger whites in Florida are more conservative than the state's older whites.   Many of the retirees came from the the Northeastern US and settled in the South Florida metro, and North Florida might be demographically younger.

I could be wrong, though. 

The fastest growing municipality in FL is The Villages, which is in Central FL. This area's retirees mostly came from the Midwest and are thus relatively conservative. As I said earlier in the thread, it is these Midwestern retirees moving into Central FL which has comprised the bulk of new Republican strength in FL.

This whole I-4 corridor boom doesn't make sense to me. Why aren't retirees flooding to Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach like they used to, when those places have beaches and more retirement amenities. The Villages is just humid scrub.

I assume it's because the cost of living is higher in Miami Dad/Broward, and also conservative midwesterners probably prefer small town living to urban life. But it's certainly is humid scrub
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies