GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:15:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will Brian Kemp appoint as Johnny Isakson’s successor?
Nathan Deal

Casey Cagle

Geoff Duncan

Brad Raffensperger

Chris Carr

Karen Handel

Rob Woodall

Doug Collins

Austin Scott

Drew Ferguson

Nick Ayers

Buddy Carter

Barry Loudermilk

Tom Price

Newt Gingrich

Jody Hice

Saxby Chambliss

Hunter Hill

Rick Allen

Brian Kemp

Tom Graves

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last  (Read 81670 times)
LabourJersey
United States

« on: May 16, 2020, 11:00:54 AM »

I highly doubt this will be a lockout. Loeffler is gonna get like 10% of the vote.

Agreed. Even before this Loeffler didn't really have much of a base. There wasn't much of a reason for GOP voters to pick her over Collins aside from incumbency and being a woman (which we all now GOP voters don't care about). Right now she's going to get single digits, assuming she doesn't drop out before.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 11:21:06 AM »

Read the HuffPost article summarizing the novel up, by the way. I'm genuinely baffled how someone who had any interest in running for office would write that book.

Parts sound like it was lifted from Song of the South. I can't tell if it's meant to be "try to understand everyone, even racists" or what.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 11:30:47 AM »

Read the HuffPost article summarizing the novel up, by the way. I'm genuinely baffled how someone who had any interest in running for office would write that book.

Parts sound like it was lifted from Song of the South. I can't tell if it's meant to be "try to understand everyone, even racists" or what.

I read the article too. Why he would publish this perverse fantasy and then run for Senate in Georgia two years later is beyond me. He seems to have the political instincts of Kelly Loeffler.

Agreed. Who is that book even for?
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 02:54:58 PM »

I just don't understand why he waited so long. The ad is simple, homey and makes him out to be a compassionate moderate. If he'd ran it in April the field would clear. Literally all he had to do was introduce himself, why now?

He waited until all of the primaries and runoffs were resolved before diverting voters' attention to an election that is occurring later.

Not directed at anybody here in particular, but Atlas (and election twitter) often forgets that tens of millions of voters don't engage with politics and elections that emphatically until the final lead-up, and sometimes not even then. Asking voters to focus on this many races and candidates at once is a tall order, and not a wholly fair request when a large swath are working people (often parents) whose time and attention is already stretched thin.

Also worth noting that many competitive races are impacted by who the candidate shares the ballot with. Another reason for Warnock to wait until all primaries are resolved.

The GA regular primary was two months ago.

Two months ago Atlanta and every other major city were protesting for greater racial justice.

Warnock had an incredible chance to introduce himself to the state at a moment when people were the most receptive to hearing from a man with his resume and his views.

Not to say that the desire for racial justice is diminished now, but waiting until now to go on the air was a poor choice
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 10:46:17 AM »

It's getting really clear how the runoff aspect of this special election is going to hurt the Georgia GOP tremendously.

Loeffler and Collins are shooting themselves and each other in the foot on a daily basis when it comes to appealing to the moderates they will need in the second round.

Also, as Niles put it on Twitter, it's almost stunning how stunningly far-right both candidates are in a states that's increasing becoming a swing state
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies