Is fascism far-right? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:04:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is fascism far-right? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 81

Author Topic: Is fascism far-right?  (Read 3598 times)
Joe Haydn
HenryWallaceVP

« on: June 29, 2021, 07:31:15 PM »

Conservatives typically draw strength from (historically anyway), the military, the religious establishment, the economic elite and historically, the upper middle classes (recent realignments aside, historic fears of "the plebs coming to kill them").

Nothing to say on the topic at hand, but this seems totally wrong to me. Especially from a historical perspective, the upper middle class/bourgeoisie is usually the group most associated with liberalism, no? At least that's how I've always been taught and what everything I've ever read has said.
Joe Haydn
HenryWallaceVP

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 07:50:20 PM »

Conservatives typically draw strength from (historically anyway), the military, the religious establishment, the economic elite and historically, the upper middle classes (recent realignments aside, historic fears of "the plebs coming to kill them").

Nothing to say on the topic at hand, but this seems totally wrong to me. Especially from a historical perspective, the upper middle class/bourgeoisie is usually the group most associated with liberalism, no? At least that's how I've always been taught and what everything I've ever read has said.

Depends on the century in question, the location and their position relative to the establishment (part of or working to overthrow it). 

So members of the establishment (however you define it) can't be liberals? What if they are avowedly liberal men and women striving for an avowedly liberal cause, such as the abolition of slavery or the expansion of the suffrage?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies