Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:51:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 77
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127279 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: January 27, 2019, 04:36:04 PM »
« edited: January 27, 2019, 04:40:07 PM by Let Dogs Survive »

So now white people being at a rally is a problem? The hypocrisy is stunning. Oakland is changing and is a lot whiter than it was even just 10 years ago.

Oakland is still only 27.3% non Hispanic white in the 2018 estimates.

Don't let facts or logic get in the way of a good story with these people.

So now white people being at a rally is a problem? The hypocrisy is stunning. Oakland is changing and is a lot whiter than it was even just 10 years ago.

Oakland is still only 27.3% non Hispanic white in the 2018 estimates.

So you can Google, good to know. Your whining about the crowd being too white still makes no sense.

It's hardly good optics either, especially if the stated goal...vapid and naive it may appear, is to wrangle up a good coalition.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #351 on: January 27, 2019, 04:43:41 PM »

Estimated 22,000 people at her campaign launch rally right now
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #352 on: January 27, 2019, 04:46:28 PM »

jfern trying to dismiss 20,000 supporters by calling them too white LOL
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #353 on: January 27, 2019, 04:46:39 PM »

She is such a fantastic speaker.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #354 on: January 27, 2019, 04:51:38 PM »

Railling against Wall Street and big banks.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #355 on: January 27, 2019, 05:01:47 PM »

She's striking the left-populist tone her entire speech.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #356 on: January 27, 2019, 05:02:28 PM »

Gotta say, she is nailing this speech, and this is coming from someone who has no liking for Kamala.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #357 on: January 27, 2019, 05:06:17 PM »

Gotta say, she is nailing this speech, and this is coming from someone who has no liking for Kamala.

Agreed, perfect balance between calling for love and unity, and speaking extensively on policy.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #358 on: January 27, 2019, 05:12:00 PM »

She is REALLY hammering a populist message here. She's going to win.
History505
« Reply #359 on: January 27, 2019, 05:16:12 PM »

This speech is strong.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #360 on: January 27, 2019, 05:19:42 PM »

The speech has concluded. I swear to God this woman is going to win it all.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #361 on: January 27, 2019, 05:25:43 PM »

If she does, then we're gonna have another four years of Donald Trump.  Fortunately, I doubt she'll be the nominee.  Of course, it wouldn't be the first time Democrats blew a presidential election against Donald Trump by nominating a horrible candidate.   
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #362 on: January 27, 2019, 05:27:05 PM »

The speech bumped her up from 5th to 3rd for me, I'm still leaning to a Biden or Castro.
History505
« Reply #363 on: January 27, 2019, 05:29:38 PM »

If she does, then we're gonna have another four years of Donald Trump.  Fortunately, I doubt she'll be the nominee.  Of course, it wouldn't be the first time Democrats blew a presidential election against Donald Trump by nominating a horrible candidate.   
Harris has some flaws, but to say she is an outright horrible candidate is ridiculous. I'm giving all the candidates a chance, but you can't make all these judgments this early in the race.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #364 on: January 27, 2019, 05:33:49 PM »

Harris has some flaws, but to say she is an outright horrible candidate is ridiculous. I'm giving all the candidates a chance, but you can't make all these judgments this early in the race.

She'd get killed in the Midwest and a Democrat who can't win Michigan can't beat Trump.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #365 on: January 27, 2019, 05:34:51 PM »

Even worse: She'll win the presidency, won't live up to her promises, polarization will get worse, and a more competent Republican than Trump will win the WH.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #366 on: January 27, 2019, 05:35:50 PM »

If she does, then we're gonna have another four years of Donald Trump.  Fortunately, I doubt she'll be the nominee.  Of course, it wouldn't be the first time Democrats blew a presidential election against Donald Trump by nominating a horrible candidate.  

She'd get killed in the Midwest and a Democrat who can't win Michigan can't beat Trump.

Minorities make up 8% of the vote in MI, WI, PA. The only state she will trouble with is OH. Dems can win IA.  The Midwest, margin of victory are in DTW, CHICAGO and Pitts
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #367 on: January 27, 2019, 05:36:03 PM »

Why would she get killed in the Midwest?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #368 on: January 27, 2019, 05:37:07 PM »

Where is the evidence she'd get killed in the midwest? In fact a populist Dem could probably win back those states easily.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #369 on: January 27, 2019, 05:37:23 PM »

Thats why its called a running mate, to get WWC on your side
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #370 on: January 27, 2019, 05:38:20 PM »

Minorities make up 8% of the vote in MI, WI, PA. The only state she will trouble with is OH. Dems can win IA.  The Midwest, margin of victory are in DTW, CHICAGI and MLK

She'd lose Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, and get steamrolled in Ohio.  I think Harris would win Pennsylvania though (because most Democrats would likely beat Trump by somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-12% there; PA was one of the epicenters of the wave in 2018 which was basically a high Democratic turnout vs. high Trumpist turnout election).
History505
« Reply #371 on: January 27, 2019, 05:38:34 PM »

If she does, then we're gonna have another four years of Donald Trump.  Fortunately, I doubt she'll be the nominee.  Of course, it wouldn't be the first time Democrats blew a presidential election against Donald Trump by nominating a horrible candidate.  

Minorities make up 8% of the vote in MI, WI, PA. The only state she will trouble with is OH. Dems can win IA.  The Midwest, margin of victory are in DTW, CHICAGO and Pitts
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #372 on: January 27, 2019, 05:39:56 PM »

Minorities make up 8% of the vote in MI, WI, PA. The only state she will trouble with is OH. Dems can win IA.  The Midwest, margin of victory are in DTW, CHICAGI and MLK

8% of the vote is not enough to carry a state. Hell, 40% isn't as the South shows. I think she could (deceptively) win the Midwest because Trump is such a weak candidate, just like Obama did, but it wont really be in her core coalition and will be ripe for Tom Cotton's picking.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #373 on: January 27, 2019, 05:41:22 PM »

Not if she gets the black vote up to at least 91%, which shouldn't be that difficult.

And I say this as someone who seriously wishes she had aimed her sights towards the Judicial Branch instead of elective politics.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #374 on: January 27, 2019, 05:42:49 PM »

She'd lose Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, and get steamrolled in Ohio.  I think Harris would win Pennsylvania though (because most Democrats would likely beat Trump by somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-12% there; PA was one of the epicenters of the wave in 2018 which was basically a high Democratic turnout vs. high Trumpist turnout election).

Obama is the same skin color as Harris and he won, plus she is beating Trump in polls
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies