Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:56:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 77
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127791 times)
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: January 24, 2019, 03:07:52 PM »

"America is already great" is not a strong, clear vision. Wonky lists of policies and making small tweaks around the edges of our currently existing system, is not a strong, clear vision.

Please.  You're pretending like every major speech she gave was just a litany of policy proposals when in fact she campaigned incessantly on the value of gender equality and racial equality and international cooperation.  The contrast in values with Trump couldn't have been more clear.  She made her case, but not enough people cared. What's she supposed to do? Hypnotize the masses with her spellbinding oratory?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #326 on: January 24, 2019, 03:09:26 PM »

"America is already great" is not a strong, clear vision. Wonky lists of policies and making small tweaks around the edges of our currently existing system, is not a strong, clear vision.

Please.  You're pretending like every major speech she gave was just a litany of policy proposals when in fact she campaigned incessantly on the value of gender equality and racial equality and international cooperation.  The contrast in values with Trump couldn't have been more clear.  She made her case, but not enough people cared. What's she supposed to do? Hypnotize the masses with her spellbinding oratory?

Her ads had the least policy of any major party nominee for at least 20 years. Lets stop pretending that her campaign was anything but vapid.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #327 on: January 24, 2019, 03:12:37 PM »

Her ads had the least policy of any major party nominee for at least 20 years. Lets stop pretending that her campaign was anything but vapid.

But Sanders, with his magic asterisk health care plan and half baked proposals about big banks which even he couldn't explain, wasn't.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #328 on: January 24, 2019, 03:16:09 PM »

But Sanders, with his magic asterisk health care plan and half baked proposals about big banks which even he couldn't explain, wasn't.

Gosh his proposals for the big banks that were almost as far left as that come up by commie Neel Kashkari, head of the Minneapolis Fed and 2014 Republican California governor nominee?
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #329 on: January 24, 2019, 03:27:30 PM »

Wait, I thought the criticism was that she was too wonky and detail oriented. Now it's that she was too vapid?  Which is it, man?  I can't keep up.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #330 on: January 24, 2019, 03:31:29 PM »

Wait, I thought the criticism was that she was too wonky and detail oriented. Now it's that she was too vapid?  Which is it, man?  I can't keep up.

Bernie supporters certainly weren't calling her wonky and detail oriented. It was Bernie's focus on the issues, and a message that doesn't suck which is why Bernie had his support.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #331 on: January 24, 2019, 03:43:56 PM »

Bernie supporters certainly weren't calling her wonky and detail oriented. It was Bernie's focus on the issues, and a message that doesn't suck which is why Bernie had his support.

Sure, if that's what you need to tell yourself. I don't want to continue hijacking this thread, so I'll offer my final thought on the real difference between Hillary's campaign and the campaigns of both Trump and Sanders, and you can have the final word if you want. Trump and Sanders each had one decisive advantage over Clinton in terms of messaging:  they were both shameless liars willing to promise things they were either unwilling (Trump) or incapable ( Sanders) of delivering on.  Clinton was more honest.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #332 on: January 24, 2019, 03:47:49 PM »

Gosh his proposals for the big banks that were almost as far left as that come up by commie Neel Kashkari, head of the Minneapolis Fed and 2014 Republican California governor nominee?

Which is totally irrelevant with the fact that he pulled a Sarah Palin impression when asked to explain them in detail.  
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #333 on: January 24, 2019, 05:00:16 PM »

I am taking a hard pass, thanks.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #334 on: January 24, 2019, 05:05:00 PM »

gottsu
Poland

« Reply #335 on: January 24, 2019, 05:58:37 PM »

If Clintons want her as a frontrunner, that is good.

You really want that second term for Trump?

Progressives are kind of annoying sometimes, not only on this forum. I am a mod on a Polish forum about American politics, and few days ago incidentally someone (who identifies on this forum as a kind of progressive, but not a Democrat like me, just independent progressive) began discussion about "how Bernie would win in 2016", and few peoples joined her (that person is a woman), and I was the only one not-progressive Democrat who presented that Bernie wouldn't have won 2016 elections if chosen nominee.

Kamala and Biden (if he'll run) or maybe Castro and maaaaaybe Beto (if he'll run) are the only ones who are, let's say, federally electable candidates among those who have real chances in this primary. I mean, progressives are making huge gains, breaking glass ceilings one after another (Bernie in 2016, AOC etc.) but from my mainstream POV (with little assistance of certain electoral nuances in America) they are not capable to also win in Bronx, New York City or Vermont or San Francisco or DC, let's say, but also in more rural America like Kansas, Iowa, Missouri or rural Virginia (2017 VA GOV primaries showed that or IL-3 primary, Dan Lipinski's district), and whole, I mean, whole Democratic Party needs a candidate who will be most federally electable or who will be a bridge linking mainstream and progressive elements (like KH does). Progressives can be nationwide electable in 10 or more years, when things like 15$ minimum wage or Medicare-for-all or at least further reforms of healthcare will be impacting not only New York City or Seattle or San Francisco, but also Kansas City, Oklahoma City or Little Rock. That needs some time, time to enact it and time to get people used to it, to understand the changes, to simply get to knew that I can benefit from ex. 15$ minimum wage, like I can benefit from ACA or end of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell Policy" when in military and breaking these glass ceilings don't mean that progressives must act against Eleven Commandment in politics (not to criticize other party members). Especially in these polarized, partisan times.

A third wayer lost the last Presidential election despite massively outspending her reality star opponent who was less popular than Goldwater, and polls showed Bernie doing much better against Trump, but you still think that progressives are the unelectable ones? The American people want to to vote for someone who talks about the issues and doesn't suck on them, not the vapid third wayers that the Democratic party loves to nominate.

Only federally are unelectable, keep that in mind, please.

You know what's the thing with polls - one might say you this, another might say you that, and third one might say you another, and polls, analyzes, forecasts doesn't always reflect the exact opinion of what's people thinking. Me and you have violently bashed about polls in the recent years in politics all around the world. 

The fact is, the issues progressives (like you) (and doesn't sucking on them) talk about aren't getting greatly in a at least comparable manner to a big city liberal and a Midwest or Great Plains farmer - that's what I was talking about earlier. People aren't just ready for progressive nominee as of now, as they we're not ready for a divorced one (until Reagan) or without any prior govt or military service (Trump) or LGBT senator or congressman or governor (like Sinema, Kate Brown or Polis).
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #336 on: January 27, 2019, 02:26:34 PM »

Her launch rally is shaping up to have a massive turnout-

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #337 on: January 27, 2019, 03:55:26 PM »

Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf is endorsing Harris at the rally today.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #338 on: January 27, 2019, 04:03:26 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2019, 04:09:40 PM by OneJ »

Definitely a good-sized turnout out there. However, that crowd does look very white I must say.

EDIT: Not trying to suggest anything, just an observation.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #339 on: January 27, 2019, 04:13:32 PM »

Definitely a good-sized turnout out there. However, that crowd does look very white I must say.

Yeah, that does look whiter than Bernie's rally in that exact location.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #340 on: January 27, 2019, 04:16:32 PM »

So now white people being at a rally is a problem? The hypocrisy is stunning. Oakland is changing and is a lot whiter than it was even just 10 years ago.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #341 on: January 27, 2019, 04:16:43 PM »

Yeah, that does look whiter than Bernie's rally in that exact location.

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #342 on: January 27, 2019, 04:23:46 PM »

I'm eager to hear the crowd estimate-

Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #343 on: January 27, 2019, 04:26:42 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2019, 04:31:03 PM by Comrade Funk »

I don't see Cornell West there. Very white crowd!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #344 on: January 27, 2019, 04:28:04 PM »

So now white people being at a rally is a problem? The hypocrisy is stunning. Oakland is changing and is a lot whiter than it was even just 10 years ago.

Oakland is still only 27.3% non Hispanic white in the 2018 estimates.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #345 on: January 27, 2019, 04:28:22 PM »

I don't see Cornell West here? Very white crowd.

Latinos and Asians count as white?
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #346 on: January 27, 2019, 04:28:51 PM »

The footage on MSNBC has made the crowd seem pretty diverse to me tbh.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #347 on: January 27, 2019, 04:30:31 PM »

I don't see Cornell West here? Very white crowd.

Latinos and Asians count as white?
I'm joking.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #348 on: January 27, 2019, 04:31:18 PM »

Ok the camera panned over the crowd and Barbara Lee was in the front row. Endorsement?

Just got a text: 22K in attendance and growing.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #349 on: January 27, 2019, 04:35:58 PM »

Oakland is still only 27.3% non Hispanic white in the 2018 estimates.

So you can Google, good to know. Your whining about the crowd being too white still makes no sense.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies