FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:38:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?  (Read 104975 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: April 12, 2015, 01:36:23 PM »

Exactly, guys. DWS is running for president.

Although she'll probably lose Florida in the GE because Murphy is so bad.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 02:37:31 PM »

Basically a run-down on all of the candidates

GOP
-Vern Buchanan (FL-16)
-Tom Rooney (FL-17)
-Ron DeSantis (FL-6)
-Jeff Miller (FL-1)
-Curt Clawson (FL-19)
-Tom Jolly (FL-13)
-Carlos Lopez-Cantera (LG)
-George LeMieux (Fmr. Sen.)

DEM
-Patrick Murphy (FL-18)
-Alan Grayson (FL-9)

No surprises if you've been actively reading this thread.

Wow, look at all the Florida congresscritters. It's like a party! I can't help but notice FL-23 isn't on this list. I have no idea who the representative for that district is, but whoever it is must be a massive loser.

Grin

She's not going to need your sh**tty ass Senate seat when she's elected as the next VPOTUS next November.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 03:13:59 PM »

1. Swing State - Florida is the most important swing state, and if she wants to pick someone from that state, there are no statewide office holders except Nelson, who is 5 years older than Hillary. Schultz is the highest ranking Congresscritter otherwise.

2. The Jewish vote. Democrats are hemorrhaging the Jewish vote which is critical in the state.

3. Youth. Schultz is still relatively young which would balance out Hillary's age.

4. You have no idea who she'd appeal to because she's never run a statewide race. She's always done well in her district.

5. Cancer survivor. Excellent personal story of overcoming adversity.

6. If Lincoln Chafee wins the nomination, she'd be an excellent pick. Even waltermitty agrees.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 12:21:24 AM »

Are you people actually taking Beet's post in this thread seriously?

Beet has expressed unironic support for Schultz many times, so it isn't really that far off that he's being serious.

And that's the concern. The most hated Democrat, period, whom basically got you guys slaughtered in 2010/14, does not deserve any support.

Tim Kaine was the DNC head in 2010.

Exactly, and look at how many people want Tim Kaine for VP! Unironically!
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 04:39:03 PM »

I assure you guys, I am fine. One person suggesting DWS as VP is not the end of the world.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 10:56:19 PM »

Endorsed! Cheesy
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 09:06:34 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Amen! Amen. The DSCC should learn from the Debbie Wasserman Schultz. We want a primary, not a coronation.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 07:56:41 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Amen! Amen. The DSCC should learn from the Debbie Wasserman Schultz. We want a primary, not a coronation.

I also assumed that you wanted to win. I guess not.

Electing a Republican isn't victory.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 08:40:55 PM »

Murphy is further to the right than any Dem I've ever supported. I'd support someone like Murphy in a red state like Georgia or Mississippi, but Florida can do better.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 08:44:44 PM »

Murphy is further to the right than any Dem I've ever supported. I'd support someone like Murphy in a red state like Georgia or Mississippi, but Florida can do better.

That is exactly the same frame of mind that the FDP has had since the 90s.

... And they're right. The FDP has made a lot of tactical screw ups, but nominating Murphy would just be another in a long line of them, not a break from pattern.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 09:04:06 PM »

I don't understand why there seems to be such an overwhelming rush to push the Democrats to coronate a guy who votes with Republicans more than Democrats on crucial votes without even a primary, yet when it comes to the national election, the 11th most liberal Senator is somehow too centrist according to many people here. Florida and America aren't that different. In 2012, Obama did only 1.11% better in America than in Florida. I think I'm being the rational and consistent one here.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 04:12:34 PM »

There's no logic whatsoever in bitching about Hillary being a "neoliberal right winger" or whatever then supporting Patrick Murphy who is objectively to her right on basically every issue.

Precisely. Patrick Murphy is a far right winger who donated $2,300 to Romney in 2008. And remember that Romney ran to the right of McCain in that election.

Also let's not forget Murphy literally would not have a political career at all if he was not born into a filthy rich family. Even all of his sickening political positions aside, his entire career is the epitome of privilege.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2015, 04:17:00 PM »

There's no logic whatsoever in bitching about Hillary being a "neoliberal right winger" or whatever then supporting Patrick Murphy who is objectively to her right on basically every issue.

Precisely. Patrick Murphy is a far right winger who donated $2,300 to Romney in 2008. And remember that Romney ran to the right of McCain in that election.

Also let's not forget Murphy literally would not have a political career at all if he was not born into a filthy rich family. Even all of his sickening political positions aside, his entire career is the epitome of privilege.
So, you'd take CLC/DeSantis over Murphy? Grayson is not winning statewide, period.

I'm not supporting Murphy period. No that it matters.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2015, 04:48:56 PM »

I'm not a contrarian, everyone else is a contrarian. Tongue

Seriously, I don't get why people think I'm a contrarian when I frequently agree with most people on all sorts of issues. It's the few cases when I disagree with the majority that are somehow deemed unacceptable. Plus, I always lay out my reasons in a rational manner.

It's undeniable that many Sanders supporters don't just support Sanders to broaden the debate, but they actually want him to win the nomination, even though he has virtually no chance in the General. In fact, I was chewed out by a Sanders supporter just last week, for suggesting that he was in the race for any other reason than winning.

In any case, no one has been saying that Alan Grayson is the best candidate in the world. But at least he has shown the ability to energize people. Nominating a uber-centrist after years of defeat isn't a recipe for revival, its a recipe for locking in a mentality of inferiority for even longer.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 11:32:14 AM »

Grayson's latest rhetoric, this time about his estranged wife: "Golddiggers gotta dig."

I heard that today. Lmao he is such a gaffe machine.

Lol he's awesome! I just donated $25 to his campaign.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies