Israeli Airstrikes on Gaza (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:41:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israeli Airstrikes on Gaza (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israeli Airstrikes on Gaza  (Read 22807 times)
danny
Israel

« on: December 27, 2008, 05:13:54 PM »

About time, I just hope Olmert dosn't chicken out.

Could this be the lead up to a full invasion?
I hope so, but I doubt it.
danny
Israel

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 10:24:48 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2008, 10:33:12 PM by danny »

Israel's response is in the right direction, however it is disproportionately overdone.

Since when have wars ever been fought proportionately? And if countries were required to fight proportionally, then the US would in Afghanistan would have had to wait until they killed 3,000 people and once they reached that milestone simply pack up and left because they finished attacking proportionally.
danny
Israel

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 08:54:42 PM »

Israel's response is in the right direction, however it is disproportionately overdone.

Since when have wars ever been fought proportionately? And if countries were required to fight proportionally, then the US would in Afghanistan would have had to wait until they killed 3,000 people and once they reached that milestone simply pack up and left because they finished attacking proportionally.

I'm just mentioning how abrupt and overwhelming Israel's response has been. Face it, most of us were caught off guard with this. I mean, as the above poster stated, rockets being fired at Israel is like the sun coming up in the morning over there. Usually, Israel strikes back, but it's just small operation, nothing like this.

I agree that Israels response to rocket fire hasn't been consistant. However, your post argued that the response is supposed to be proportionate, which is absurd.
danny
Israel

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 05:05:21 PM »

Whatever happens, the real loser will be Israel as this turns out to be the worst PR nightmare that not even Karl Rove can spin his way out of.

In what way does bad PR actually harm Israel (especially in a way more important than actual gains on the battlefield)?
danny
Israel

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 09:55:19 PM »

Israel needs to finish the job now.

I wish they would, but they'd probably need US help to do a thorough job.
How do you say "Final Solution" in hebrew?

הפתרון הסופי

How do you know Hebrew?
danny
Israel

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 06:08:26 AM »

I'd much rather they fight them in the courts instead launching more rocket attacks at civilians. 

Maybe they could boycot Jewish goods next?  Sit Ins?  Go on strike?  Something peacefull so Israel doesn't have an excuse to blow them up again.  Their methods up until now have been pretty freaking stupid.

Their methods have only been stupid if Hamas's goal is the creation of a Palestinian state within the 67 borders. However, this isn't and never was their goal, their goal is the destruction of Israel and replacing it with an Islamic one, and their actions are suitable for that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies