CA-PPIC: NO +19 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:51:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA-PPIC: NO +19 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA-PPIC: NO +19  (Read 1775 times)
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« on: September 07, 2021, 07:55:54 PM »

This poll's crosstabs are insane

Los Angeles County only opposing the recall by 20%! (after having voted for Biden by some 43%!)

Indicative of a major weakness of Newsom (probably not one that will be decisive but an interesting one nonetheless)

The crosstabs in this poll are Florida hack polls levels of awful.

PPIC shows Latinos supporting Newsom 66-27 (that’s higher than Biden’s margins even) but also recall getting within 25 in LA County at the same time?

Could it be possible that pro-Newsom Latinos are disproportionately concentrated outside of LA County (like areas that aren’t Safe D?), and/or that White/multiracial voters in LA County are unusually anti-Newsom? I definitely buy that there are some Biden-D voters who hate Newsom enough to vote to recall him. I just don’t follow CA politics closely enough to have any idea of who they might be.
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 01:46:09 AM »

This poll's crosstabs are insane

Los Angeles County only opposing the recall by 20%! (after having voted for Biden by some 43%!)

Indicative of a major weakness of Newsom (probably not one that will be decisive but an interesting one nonetheless)

The crosstabs in this poll are Florida hack polls levels of awful.

PPIC shows Latinos supporting Newsom 66-27 (that’s higher than Biden’s margins even) but also recall getting within 25 in LA County at the same time?

Could it be possible that pro-Newsom Latinos are disproportionately concentrated outside of LA County (like areas that aren’t Safe D?), and/or that White/multiracial voters in LA County are unusually anti-Newsom? I definitely buy that there are some Biden-D voters who hate Newsom enough to vote to recall him. I just don’t follow CA politics closely enough to have any idea of who they might be.

Latinos in LA are much more liberal and thus probably more pro-Newsom than the ones in say, the Central Valley, San Bernardino, San Diego, or the Inland Empire. Also, White/etc voters in LA are very liberal as well.

Liberal/progressive Democrat =/= pro-Newsom. I've seen crosstabs suggesting that "Very Liberal" voters were more likely to vote Yes than "Liberal" voters.

I voted YES on the recall and I'm a registered democrat in the Bay Area, so not someone you would expect to be voting yes. If I knew that this was a race between Newsom and Elder, I would have voted no. However, I have seen a lot of support for the recall even though I live in the most liberal part of CA.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies