Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 09:20:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer  (Read 88617 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 24, 2018, 01:12:22 AM »

Soglin is a no go. He strikes me as a potential power hungry tyrant in the mold of Hugo Chavez. The homeless thing really made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
Mitchell definitely has my vote.

I mean Soglin is horrible for a variety of reasons but comparing him to Hugo Freaking Chavez seems a stretch.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 06:05:13 PM »

It seems Evers is holding true and focusing his campaign outside of the big cities. Not one Evers lawn sign in either Madison or MKE where I've passed through. I've seen a lot of Roys and Vinehout signs in the cities  however.

Evers is largely running a public meeting/ad style campaign in the big areas. Is his precense more pronounced elsewhere in the state? I imagine he's big in Western and Northern WI.

Seems to make sense to me, at least anecdotally. I drive through the Madison metro area often, and I haven't seen a single Evers sign. The most common from my experience are Vinehout and McCabe, along with some for Mitchell, and I've only seen 1 for Roys. Haven't seen any signs for anyone else.

Evers also just generally seems like a better fit for rural communities. He's performed well in them in past elections and he can connect well with places that have struggled with education(funding and etc).

Not an expert on the states politics by any means, but that would seem to be a prime geographical basis to beat Walker. Running strong in rural counties that went for Obama, plus relying on just natural disgust for Walker to turn out the vote in Dane and Milwaukee, seems like a reasonable Prospect.

Reading that Milwaukee has poor turnout problems, I'm interested to know whether that's something that requires a good candidate the top of the ticket or if it's more of a structural problem that a good gotv investment could counter?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 06:08:30 PM »

Why is it so hard for people to realize that Tony Evers is the best candidate Democrats have in this race?

Maybe if some of his supporters would lay out arguments why...Wink
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 05:50:51 PM »

Vinehout ran an awful campaign, barely raised more than a few thousand dollars.

Not everything is about fundraising, as this race is showing. But I'm getting pretty used to people here not being willing to acknowledge to importance of rural areas and their preferences.

It's one thing if she raised less than the others, but still raised an OK amount. Raising a mere few thousand dollars is absolutely pathetic though. That wouldn't even be good enough for a county commissioner election, nevermind a statewide election!

Depends on your county, city boy. Wink
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 12:49:08 PM »

Good. Grothman is Pond scum. And crazy pond-scum at that.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 03:12:37 AM »

I’m glad that Wisconsin has come to its senses.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 04:44:55 PM »

Ditto
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies