Who do you think won the CNN debate ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:45:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who do you think won the CNN debate ?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Pick the winner
Perry

Romney

Paul

Bachmann

Gingrich

Cain

Santorum

Huntsman

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Who do you think won the CNN debate ?  (Read 6414 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2011, 10:32:04 PM »

Got home late last night but watched some of the replay.  I thought Romney seemed very much in command.  Perry got knocked around a lot and looked flustered, even on policies he could have defended far better than he did.  Huntsman is quickly solidifying a status as one of those guys who would make an excellent executive but is an unappealing candidate (he sort of reminds me of Gore in this way).  As far as the rest of the field went, I thought that, last night, candidates and audience really brought out the worst in each other. 

But Gore won.

I wish.  Gore was fortunate that he was a sitting VP and only had Bradley to campaign against.  Poor Jon has to compete in a primary where smart moderates are having an incredibly hard time, even when they didn't used to work for Obama.  Tongue  Anyway, the comparison is obviously not perfect, but still Huntsman looks like a the good executive-unappealing candidate type.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies