The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:32:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (search mode)
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 172621 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« on: October 28, 2021, 12:09:01 PM »

The inmates control the asylum now when it comes to human interaction. It wouldn't surprise me if a good few of the red avatars in this thread would call a simple and innocent email to a student from a teacher a "threatening abuse of power dynamics" or whatever words they use.

Apparently, teachers drinking and/or getting drunk with underage students is as inoffensive as sending an email, and anyone who disagrees belongs in an asylum.

You have to bear in mind that I'm from an uncivilized place.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 10:05:04 PM »

Nina Turner's grandfather was a concentration camp administrator in the Holocaust.

I clicked on a quote in a poster's signature and the first thing I saw when I reached that thread was this and I burst into a fit of laughter.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2022, 09:31:32 PM »

This is false. The people who want to kill trans people are not real Christians. They may claim to be, but unless they follow the teachings of Christ they're just Christians In Name Only and most of the people calling for stuff like this are either teenagers who are trying to be edgy or alt-right types who are too full of hate to be authentic Christians and in some cases don't identify as Christians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

Anyone who supports violence of any kind (arguably even self defense) clearly has no respect for the New Testament. I absolutely would say anyone calling for the murder or death of anybody to be a fake Christian.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 09:21:18 AM »

This is false. The people who want to kill trans people are not real Christians. They may claim to be, but unless they follow the teachings of Christ they're just Christians In Name Only and most of the people calling for stuff like this are either teenagers who are trying to be edgy or alt-right types who are too full of hate to be authentic Christians and in some cases don't identify as Christians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

Anyone who supports violence of any kind (arguably even self defense) clearly has no respect for the New Testament. I absolutely would say anyone calling for the murder or death of anybody to be a fake Christian.

So you do you understand why Christians oppose abortion? And why some of them are inclined to vote for people who pledge to lessen it?

They can do whatever they want, but I don't like when they pretend that it's a nonnegotiable scriptural truth when that is questionable, at best. It especially bothers me when they simultaneously ignore, or worse, embrace issues that are 100% unbiblical. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies