Reaction to Trump winning Texas by over 5 points?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:25:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Reaction to Trump winning Texas by over 5 points?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Reaction to Trump winning Texas by over 5 points?  (Read 3056 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2020, 09:40:29 PM »

I feel like this forum sometimes acts like TX is one big blue trending monolith. TX was a state where we saw some of the biggest swings towards both sides. Yes, overall, TX is probably blue trending, but it's not a suburban goldmine nor a giant RGV. It's clear that the coalitions both sides need to win TX have changed dramatically.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2020, 01:14:32 AM »

A little disappointing since there were times it seemed it could actually flip but we still won anyway. It’s a nice to have, not need to have.

What’s you’re reaction to Biden winning Minnesota by over 7?
Had Joe Biden had a better GOTV set up in the Rio Grande Valley, it is possible that Texas could have flipped. I think that Texas is kind of at the same point where Georgia was in 2012 or where Virginia was in 2000. President Ron DeSantis' runs should be the last rodeo for the Republicans in Texas, however, as the state should narrowly vote Democratic in 2032 and become a solidly blue state by 2044 or 2048.
The GOP swing in the RGV was not nearly enough to win the state, and had Biden matched Clinton's performance in the RGV, he would have lost by 4-5%
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2020, 01:21:44 AM »

The margin isn't a big deal but I am shocked that Trump won so many brand new voters. The idea that someone would watch the last four years and decide to vote for the first time in their life to continue it is...concerning. I was expecting 80 to 90 percent of new voters to be for Biden. In Texas, Biden's share was only 55%.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2020, 03:25:14 AM »

would you just go away nobody likes you
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2020, 11:25:07 AM »

My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I was so distressed right then I didn't know what to do.
Motorcity

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2020, 09:32:13 AM »

The margin isn't a big deal but I am shocked that Trump won so many brand new voters. The idea that someone would watch the last four years and decide to vote for the first time in their life to continue it is...concerning. I was expecting 80 to 90 percent of new voters to be for Biden. In Texas, Biden's share was only 55%.
Its not shocking

I live in rural Tennessee. I know lots of rural white folks that love Trump but never voted once in their life, until 2020.

When you see all these scary (POC, women, young) people voting in long lines it makes you get out the trailer and go vote
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2020, 01:04:48 PM »

I did not expect Biden to win it, but it did think it would be closer (about 2% gap).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies