If Ron Paul was running in 2016 where would he be? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:00:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  If Ron Paul was running in 2016 where would he be? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If Ron Paul was running in 2016 where would he be?
>1%

>1-5%

>5-10%

>10-15%

>15-20%

>20-25%

>25-30%

>30-35%

TRUMP status

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: If Ron Paul was running in 2016 where would he be?  (Read 1737 times)
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« on: January 08, 2016, 06:30:42 AM »

Yeah, I'd guess at 8% (ahead of Jeb!) because the Paulite base is more loyal to him than Rand. I'd say Paulites are about 10% of the GOP electorate (I have no proof, just a guess), so I would say that fewer Paulites would peel off for Cruz like I did due to their personal loyalty.

I'm one of the roughly 20-30% of Paulites that are still with Rand and not veer off towards Cruz, though if Rand drops out before Florida, I'll vote for Cruz.
90 percent of the libertarian base still supports Rand lol
Way to admit your own irrelevance.
I don't even know what that means.
If 90% of libertarian Republicans are backing Rand, why is Rand at 2% in the polls. That means that libertarian Republicans no long exist. And seeing that Papa Paul performed moderately well in 2012, I refuse to believe that they are such a tiny sliver. Libertarians are not even close to backing Rand by 90%. Maybe 50% of them are.
Because not everyone that supported Ron was a libertarian. The libertarian base is small. That doesn't change the fact that libertarians still overwhelmingly support Rand. This is why he gets standing ovations at places like YAL and SFL which are the biggest liberty tents and encompass the movement overwhelmingly. It gets old to repeat this to people that think libertarians have randomly jumped ship and somehow Ron would magically be close to double digits right now in a diluted election.
...and hence why the liberty movement is doomed to fail. The libertarians refuse to accept that other people (social conservative types, paleocons, etc) are part of the tent too. We can build a grand coalition around Cruz that could easily last long enough for a Rand Paul or Justin Amash to take it to it's full potential, but the purism that is innate to libertarians keeps getting in the way.
Only if
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies