NPR-PBS-Marist: Definitely vote against President Trump +14 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:14:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  NPR-PBS-Marist: Definitely vote against President Trump +14 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NPR-PBS-Marist: Definitely vote against President Trump +14  (Read 2010 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 23, 2019, 08:39:27 PM »

This is actually Trump's best poll from this organization since before January 2019.

Definitely against Trump was +27 in Jan '19 for example among RVs.

Still, it can't be good when you're are only sitting on 44% > 50% vote against in the South and 39-55 % vote against in the Midwest.

Interestingly Trump has now moved to a 52-44% approval for his handling of the economy for the first time above 50% on this question on this poll, which may well explain the reduction in "vote against" #s since JAN '19.

His foreign policy numbers are sitting at 42-53% disapprove which is a downgrade from the last time this question was asked in 4/17. Foreign Policy numbers seem to fluctuate quite a bit with this President....

Meanwhile opinions of the policies of the DEM party to move in Right Direction / wrong direction are 43/46 Wrong Direction.

70% Support Medicare for All that Want it
64% Pathway to Citizenship
63% Green New Deal
62% Wealth Tax

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 10:31:16 PM »

Btw this is a sample of adults. I have no doubt that Trump has a hard ceiling of 47% among all adults.

Would be much more interesting if it was RVs or LVs

Fake News Uncle Sam (Sorry I couldn't resist with your screen name and Atlas persona--- wasn't trying to target you out for a hard time)....

Actually if you pull up the Source numbers you see numbers for National Adults and National RVs and there appears to be minor variation on these questions of ~ 1% in Trumps Favor ( +2% Swing) between the two numbers....

LVs we are not going to see until a bit closer to the election I would imagine, especially in a poll like this where they are covering a wide national pool of voters on a range of approve/disapprove type questions.....

To paraphrase the works of the great humorist Mark Twain from the Antebellum border state of Missouri once famously said something to the effect: "There are lies, damned lies, and then there are statistics".....

So take or leave the poll based upon your opinions, there are plenty more polls out there, just like arseholes, but in some ways one might argue this poll actually looks slightly better for Trump than it has since Jan '19 (Especially on approvals on the economy that are not only above water but now >50%).

Take off your Hat Uncle Sam chill awhile with a nice glass of homemade Iced Tea and digest the 39 pages of data from the original link provided by Gass.... (Glass is always half full and all that stuff...)     Wink

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 11:02:27 PM »

Btw this is a sample of adults. I have no doubt that Trump has a hard ceiling of 47% among all adults.

Would be much more interesting if it was RVs or LVs

Fake News Uncle Sam (Sorry I couldn't resist with your screen name and Atlas persona--- wasn't trying to target you out for a hard time)....

Actually if you pull up the Source numbers you see numbers for National Adults and National RVs and there appears to be minor variation on these questions of ~ 1% in Trumps Favor ( +2% Swing) between the two numbers....

LVs we are not going to see until a bit closer to the election I would imagine, especially in a poll like this where they are covering a wide national pool of voters on a range of approve/disapprove type questions.....

To paraphrase the works of the great humorist Mark Twain from the Antebellum border state of Missouri once famously said something to the effect: "There are lies, damned lies, and then there are statistics".....

So take or leave the poll based upon your opinions, there are plenty more polls out there, just like arseholes, but in some ways one might argue this poll actually looks slightly better for Trump than it has since Jan '19 (Especially on approvals on the economy that are not only above water but now >50%).

Take off your Hat Uncle Sam chill awhile with a nice glass of homemade Iced Tea and digest the 39 pages of data from the original link provided by Gass.... (Glass is always half full and all that stuff...)     Wink

That was a lot of words to say btw in the cross tabs there are other results for other samples that are more favorable to Trump, I wonder why Gass might not have put them in the OP?

Bcs Gass is an Atlas tradition, not only on polling related stuff, but when he posts on the polling thread this far out he focuses on the topline numbers (Data Mining polls for us to digest and consume)....

Interpretations of polls or dissecting cross-tabs is not something that Gass typically has done over the years (Although he's more than able to speak for himself and jump in...).

There are some posters that on polling threads typically will just post topline numbers and source and move on to other things.

Other posters tend to go more into the weeds of the polls. etc....

The reason why I don't always initially respond with my personal opinion of polls, is sometimes you need to look at the details, history of polling firm, history of polling firm in certain states, read the fine print, etc....

Remember the famous poll of the 1948 US Presidential Election???

Polling has come a long ways since then, but it's still a complex intersection of political-science and journalism....

Gass might have his personal political opinions, but he's not a hack and plus many of us have a work-life balance deal going on, which limits our time on Atlas and which projects we chose to focus on. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies