Should the Lockerbie bomber have been released? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:15:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Should the Lockerbie bomber have been released? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should the Lockerbie bomber have been released?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Should the Lockerbie bomber have been released?  (Read 4659 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 22, 2009, 11:09:15 PM »

No, mainly because he never showed any contrition for what had been convicted of doing. If he wants to assert he was innocent, let him either prove he was wrongfully convicted or die in prison.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 01:05:38 PM »

No, mainly because he never showed any contrition for what had been convicted of doing. If he wants to assert he was innocent, let him either prove he was wrongfully convicted or die in prison.

"I loves me some prisons. I especially love the tax to support prisons. Prisons are awesome. In fact, I don't know what society did before they were invented (despite the fact that prisons have only existed since the Roman era, and individuals were exiled from society before their invention.) Green heart the prison-industrial complex."

You make me sick, you worthless hypocrite. I expect such drivel from States, but not from you.

Frankly, I'd have preferred a quick execution, since I am pro-capital punishment, once he had been found guilty and his appeals had been exhausted.  As for concerns over cost, for a prisoner sentenced to a life term who has exhausted his appeals, if he gets cancer, while I can see the necessity for the prison to provide palliative care, the cost of cancer treatment should be borne by the prisoner or his family.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 08:53:13 PM »

Not a one of you - not one of you - right-libertarians are consistent at all. It's unbelievable how little ideological spine the lot of you have; maybe a single vertebrae among you. "Libertarianism" is for you jerkholes whatever is furthest to the right any given day of the week.

Except I'm not a libertarian.  I do have some libertarian tendencies that make me skeptical of government.  For instance, I think we have far too many crimes on the book, such as those pertaining to drugs, gambling, and prostitution, but I can't imagine a more fundamental crime to have on the law books and to punish as severely as possible than a deliberate act of murder.

If you're gong to argue that murder should not be a crime, that's not libertariansm; that's anarchy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies