The National Weekly Atlasian
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:09:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 69
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 172894 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2007, 09:17:54 PM »

Anybody but DownWithTheLeft
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2007, 01:44:53 PM »

A Drop-out in the District 2 Race?
by South Park Conservative

18 August 2007- With Ernest's confirmation hearing for External Affairs Secretary happening, it looks likely that the four-man senate race in District 2 will be narrowed down to three. If Ernest does get confirmed, it will be good news for incumbent DWTL. With an Ernest withdrawal, DWTL will have a better chance at making it to the final round of voting. This would, of course, be bad news for AndrewCT, who was previously considered to be more likely to make it to the final round.
   However, Ernest has stated he will continue to run until he gets confirmed or if he doesn't get confirmed. This would mean that, if the confirmation hearing continues on into the election, Ernest will still be on the ballot. Having said that, it shouldn't be surprising if DWTL were to want to speed up the confirmation process. However, this would not necessarily be a bad thing, as we all know what happened the last time a confirmation hearing was stalled for two weeks.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2007, 02:43:11 PM »

The National Weekly Atlasian is proud to announce that it will be holding its first ever presidential straw poll on the weekend of September 21-23 2007. All announced or potential presidential candidates will be invited to make a speech, while people from all over Atlasia cast non-binding ballots for president.

The National Weekly Atlasian is also pround to announce that it will be undergoing a format change starting the 24th of August.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2007, 04:05:19 PM »

The National Weekly Atlasian is proud to announce that it will be holding its first ever presidential straw poll on the weekend of September 21-23 2007. All announced or potential presidential candidates will be invited to make a speech, while people from all over Atlasia cast non-binding ballots for president.

The National Weekly Atlasian is also pround to announce that it will be undergoing a format change starting the 24th of August.

I plan to run in the potential Progressive primary. Would I be in the straw poll?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2007, 04:49:05 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2007, 06:18:24 PM by Lt. Gov. South Park Conservative »

I plan to run in the potential Progressive primary. Would I be in the straw poll?

Sure. Any candidate or potential candidate*will be on the straw poll ballot, and will be free to make a speech. However, everyone regardless of party will be allowed to vote.

*Except GPorter

Here is what the Straw Poll ballot will look like. I will be updating it up to the Straw Poll. Please save your voting for the actual straw poll.

President
[  ] Fmr. SoEA Speed of Sound*
[  ] Fmr. Lt. Gov. Sensei*
[  ] Chief Justice Texasgurl*
[  ] Fmr. Gov. Polnut*
[  ] President Wixted
[  ] Write-in:__________

Vice-President
[  ] Vice-President Jas

*Candidate has stated/implied they will run or declared candidacy in declaration thread.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2007, 09:23:19 PM »

Here is what the Straw Poll ballot will look like. I will be updating it up to the Straw Poll. Please save your voting for the actual straw poll.

[  ] Senator Keystone Phil
[  ] Fmr. SoEA Speed of Sound
[  ] Lt. Gov. Sensei
[  ] Senator DWTL
[  ] Attorney General King

Until President Wixted declares his intentions, he will remain a candidate under write-in.

More institutional bias against gporter, I see.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2007, 09:50:41 PM »

[  ] Lt. Gov. Sensei
[  ] Senator DWTL

Until President Wixted declares his intentions, he will remain a candidate under write-in.

even if I were on the final presidential ballot, I'd cast my vote for the true Atlasian hero, GPorter.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2007, 09:51:51 PM »

[  ] Lt. Gov. Sensei
[  ] Senator DWTL

As we at the National Weekly Atlasian have stated before, GPorter is a hack and doesn't deserve our attention. However, if people are really enthusiastic about a GPorter candidacy, they can just write him in.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2007, 11:39:53 PM »

I'm probably not going to run.  In fact, if these next two months go as planned, there's a good chance I'll have to resign from the Attorney General position.

P.S.  I hope you like my rumor mill feeding one-liner.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2007, 08:19:26 AM »

OMG RACIST NEWSPAPER. GPORTER 4 PREZ
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2007, 01:58:40 PM »

I will be participating in the straw poll
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2007, 03:10:58 PM »

I would like to announce that I will, as of this point, be participating in the straw poll if I run for president. This is great idea, and really gives people who dont have a chance an opportunity to support someone else and drop out. I will need a top 2 appearance to continue afterwards, again, if I run.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2007, 03:12:34 PM »

like speed said, Its a great way to test the waters, but if I don't get better than third, I'm dropping out.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2007, 06:19:05 PM »

Well, I may need to revise my statements, because I didnt think the gporter craze would be so strong. Ill be happy with third, taking gporter into consideration, and sensei, you should bump your expectations down one too.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2007, 07:45:40 PM »

I'd advise all left leaning members to hold out until our primary Smiley and worry about Gporter in the general Wink
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2007, 12:34:24 AM »

The National Weekly Atlasian is proud to announce its senatorial report cards:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

These are out of a total of 18 votes. As indicated in the report card, there are four senators (PBrunsel, DWTL, BrandonH, and Sam Spade) who are very good fits of the National Weekly Atlasian's [classical] liberal platform. There were also two senators (Keystone Phil and Ebowed) who did a mediocre job at following the [classical] liberal platform. Lastly, there were four senators (Al, Rob, EarlAW, and Lewis Trondheim) who were terrible fits for the [classical] liberal platform. It is with these report cards that the National Weekly Atlasian delivers their endorsements:

District 1 Verily
District 2 DWTL (Ernest is likely to drop out to become SoEA, so DWTL gets the endorsement)
District 3 PBrunsel
District 4 BrandonH
District 5 King

A link to the votes can be found here.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2007, 01:25:03 AM »
« Edited: August 21, 2007, 10:17:57 AM by afleitch »

It would have been nice if other candidates were able to make their case and be ranked according to these criteria Smiley

EDIT: To be a wee bit clearer, I wanted to ask how can you endorse one candidate, over another when you don't investigate the stances of his opponent? You can, correctly state that PBrunsel scores highly against other sitting Senators based on these findings, but you can't say he scores higher than his opponent and is therefore more worthy of an endorsement in that race than I would be, without looking at his opponents positions.

I don't mind who you endorse in any race, including my own. But you have to admit you've given an unfair advantage to incumbents in your methodology Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2007, 08:08:22 AM »

I would like to thank the National Weekly Atlasian for their endorsement and I take it as a great honor
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2007, 10:17:09 AM »

An "F" from a paper that's just endorsed Down the Brain Dead Clown? Excellent.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2007, 10:34:06 AM »

Your jealously of me is a tad uncalled for at times.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2007, 12:20:51 PM »

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2007, 01:13:17 PM »

My paper had no personal biases. I just compared the voting record of all ten senators to how the National Weekly Atlasian would have liked the senators to have voted. It just so happened that DWTL got a 93% voting record in comparison to our stances. It is at least less partisan that Ebowed's ACLC, where no conservative go more than a 20% (except for Sam).

It would have been nice if other candidates were able to make their case and be ranked according to these criteria Smiley

EDIT: To be a wee bit clearer, I wanted to ask how can you endorse one candidate, over another when you don't investigate the stances of his opponent? You can, correctly state that PBrunsel scores highly against other sitting Senators based on these findings, but you can't say he scores higher than his opponent and is therefore more worthy of an endorsement in that race than I would be, without looking at his opponents positions.

I don't mind who you endorse in any race, including my own. But you have to admit you've given an unfair advantage to incumbents in your methodology Smiley

I understand why you have quelms with this. However, that is the reason why the National Weekly Atlasian held senatorial debates.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2007, 04:13:55 PM »

I understand why you have quelms with this. However, that is the reason why the National Weekly Atlasian held senatorial debates.

Yes, but it doesn't change the premature endorsement before the closing of our debate and analysis. The method you used did not take into account the views of his opponent and, for the record, I happen to think that as a self declared classical liberal myself, would score pretty highly based on responses given and policy proposals.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2007, 06:00:23 PM »

The ACLC is not partisan.  The ratings were based on votes, not on partisan affiliation.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2007, 06:42:35 PM »

The ACLC is not partisan.  The ratings were based on votes, not on partisan affiliation.

I'll see it when I believe it. I have asked on numerous occasions to see either which votes they were or a link to the votes. Since I have provided the former, and your organization has yet to provide either, I still have questions of the scores' validity.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 69  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies