Are you annoyed by lumping entire metro areas in with the central city? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 02:53:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Are you annoyed by lumping entire metro areas in with the central city? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are you annoyed by lumping entire metro areas in with the central city?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Are you annoyed by lumping entire metro areas in with the central city?  (Read 4197 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: June 25, 2008, 03:07:34 PM »

The bay area is easy because everyone knows what you are talking about and you do not have to say a specific city..... oh yeah f*** Tampa. LOL
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 03:19:41 PM »

I'm somewhat annoyed by being lumped with Seattle, if only because we're a metro area by virtue of sprawl connection only.

Dallas-Fort Worth; Seattle-Tacoma and Minneapolis-St. Paul are probably yes answers to this question.  There really is no suburb.  It's just two cities.

What about the Bay Area? Is it three cities? Or more?

It is like three metro areas in one.  San Francisco-San Rafael-Redwood City; San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara-Cupertino; Oakland-Alameda... I guess Concord and Walnut Creek can go with Oakland, too.

Oakland and San Jose metro areas are suburbs of a San Francisco metro area.  Totally ed up stuff.

The BART is the only thing in common and to San Jose even that is just recent.

I guess it is 3 different metros but in reality there is no stop in urbanization anywhere along the bay. Even all the inland areas have been built up and now the bay area is encroaching upon the central valley. But like I said it is easy for us because when anybody asks me where I am from I say bay area and not Pleasanton or SF or Oakland.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 11:39:34 PM »

I'm somewhat annoyed by being lumped with Seattle, if only because we're a metro area by virtue of sprawl connection only.

Dallas-Fort Worth; Seattle-Tacoma and Minneapolis-St. Paul are probably yes answers to this question.  There really is no suburb.  It's just two cities.

What about the Bay Area? Is it three cities? Or more?

It is like three metro areas in one.  San Francisco-San Rafael-Redwood City; San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara-Cupertino; Oakland-Alameda... I guess Concord and Walnut Creek can go with Oakland, too.

Oakland and San Jose metro areas are suburbs of a San Francisco metro area.  Totally ed up stuff.

The BART is the only thing in common and to San Jose even that is just recent.

I guess it is 3 different metros but in reality there is no stop in urbanization anywhere along the bay. Even all the inland areas have been built up and now the bay area is encroaching upon the central valley. But like I said it is easy for us because when anybody asks me where I am from I say bay area and not Pleasanton or SF or Oakland.

The Census Bureau actually defines it as two metro areas: SF-Oakland and San Jose-Santa Clara. Really stupid.

Yeah the same bureau that defines the whole bay area as the San Jose bay area instead of SF just because it has a higher population. They are just good for numbers and nothing else.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies