Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:08:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)  (Read 45168 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 15, 2016, 09:13:55 AM »

On a (kind of) unrelated note about a protracted Democratic primary with a crucial Ohio contest, "Ides of March" is a sweet movie
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 01:25:16 PM »

As I head out to the polls, I want to thank everyone who gave THOUGHTFUL responses to my internal monologue on being un-decided. I read everyone of your responses and you guys all made good points. I actually did some research on the point made about comparing college time to college time. And the loaf of bread metaphor is a good one.

I just wanted to write back to let you know that I read what you said, took it seriously, and now I'm off to cast my vote!

Thank you guys so much for writing thoughtful replies and not flame me or anything!

Good luck to you and thank you for voting, regardless of who you chose.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 02:50:15 PM »

Well I found this tweet mentioned on AAD:

Steven Dennis ‏@StevenTDennis
Democrat in Ohio tells @cspan he & 172 other Ds in his county voting for Trump today to divide GOP.
Will vote Hillary/Bernie in November.

Ugh, this is sickening. Now we know why Trump is dominating open primaries. Will be funny to see how those people react if Trump defeats Clinton in November, though LOL.

Operation Chaos in 2008 didn't work out so well for the Pubs.

Yeah, this seems like a bad idea
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 03:59:13 PM »

Is anybody else having a hard time seeing Illinois more pro-Sanders than Ohio?

Normally yes, but I guess tying Hillary to Rahm is effective in the Chicago area.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 07:02:47 PM »

I don't see what Hillary's appeal is.

There are, like myself, many Democrats who have fond memories of the Clinton years. I can certainly understand what Bernie's appeal is to many.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 07:17:11 PM »

I don't see what Hillary's appeal is.

There are, like myself, many Democrats who have fond memories of the Clinton years. I can certainly understand what Bernie's appeal is to many.

Look, I'm a Clinton fan. I thought he was a great president. Bernie is someone I want to win in the worst way. Hillary is an underwhelming candidate for me whom I'll be forced to vote for in her likely match against Trump.

Yeah, she's certainly not her husband.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 07:57:30 PM »

I wish we could scrap the superdelegates.

Dude, what does that have to do with anything? Clinton is winning by a lot regardless of the superdelegates.

It's still helping her a lot. It'd be closer without them.

It would be insurmountable even without them, after tonight.

For some reason black people love Hillary even though Bernie would represent them better.

Glad to see all the white Sanders supports still being condescending as always to uppity minorities who don't do as their told

Yeah seriously some of these comments are... Problematic.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 08:00:28 PM »

It looks to be a lot of, "Never voting Hillary. Trump 2016"

This attitude makes zero sense.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 08:55:26 PM »

1) Hilldog is really a way, way worse option than Bernie

2) At the same time, if Bernie supporters seriously think the correct response is to vote for Trump or not vote, they are ing fools.  Clinton is competent, intelligent, way more liberal than the Repubs, and will take care of Supreme Court business.

3) In general people need to be less childish/impatient and recognize that actual change happens with consistent dialogue, protest, and voting in ALL elections, whether midterm, primary, general, local, federal over many, many years, not just freaking out over one dude in one primary.

On point with #3
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 09:02:23 PM »

Interesting that Clinton has a higher percentage in Ohio than NC
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies