Distressing Dilemma Concerning Mideast Government I.E. THERE IS NO GOVERNMENT
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:31:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Distressing Dilemma Concerning Mideast Government I.E. THERE IS NO GOVERNMENT
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Distressing Dilemma Concerning Mideast Government I.E. THERE IS NO GOVERNMENT  (Read 4975 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2004, 06:29:16 PM »

Talk about getting complicated...

Everything has been just fine for awhile now...

I am friggen Jefferson battling the early day fedralists here. I wonder if he wanted to pull his own hair at times as well. I ask again; respones from ONLY those who reside in the mideast region.

The early day federalists were the "good guys" and Jefferson's crowd were the "bad guys". Thanks to Federalists like Alexander Hamilton, we solved our national debt. Jefferson wanted an agricultural-based nation, it was Hamilton who authored many documents talking about how we should go into the industrial revolution. Also, Jeffersons personal problems and incredible irony drastically reduce his glory, in my opinion.

I object to not leting outsiders talk. Some of their reigons have made constitutions, so they have insight. Anyway, what harm is done by letting them speak? None.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2004, 06:29:33 PM »

I am friggen Jefferson battling the early day fedralists here. I wonder if he wanted to pull his own hair at times as well. I ask again; respones from ONLY those who reside in the mideast region.

Boy, that's really kind.

What does kindness have to do with it? Do you wish other regions to govern over our region? Nobody has stated their support, so I may be spinning my wheels here. But this IS a regional matter. When other regional representatives insist on trying to dictate to us, then kindness kinda goes out the window.

No, I don't want other regions to govern your region.  But I think if other people have ideas, thoughts, or even comments, they should be able to weigh in.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2004, 06:30:26 PM »

Boy, that's really kind.

What does kindness have to do with it? Do you wish other regions to govern over our region? Nobody has stated their support, so I may be spinning my wheels here. But this IS a regional matter. When other regional representatives insist on trying to dictate to us, then kindness kinda goes out the window.

I don't think anyone is trying to dictate what your region is doing.

This attitude surely won't get you far.
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2004, 06:33:52 PM »

The early day federalists were the "good guys" and Jefferson's crowd were the "bad guys". Thanks to Federalists like Alexander Hamilton, we solved our national debt. Jefferson wanted an agricultural-based nation, it was Hamilton who authored many documents talking about how we should go into the industrial revolution. Also, Jeffersons personal problems and incredible irony drastically reduce his glory, in my opinion.

I object to not leting outsiders talk. Some of their reigons have made constitutions, so they have insight. Anyway, what harm is done by letting them speak? None.

And it was the federalists who enacted the first sadition laws. And it was federalists who wanted to greatly curtail states rights. I dont hold Jefferson up as the greatest thinker ever. But he certainly got it right when it came to letting the people govern the people. A national bank is a very minor point in all of that debate.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2004, 06:45:28 PM »

And it was the federalists who enacted the first sedition laws.

The first Federal sedition laws, but at the time, most of teh states had sedition laws of their own, so the Anti-Federalists were hardly the paragons of personal liberty that some have mythologized them as.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2004, 06:49:25 PM »

The early day federalists were the "<a href="http://www.srch-results.com/lm/rtl.asp?k=good%20guys" onmouseover="window.status='good guys'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">good guys</a>" and Jefferson's crowd were the "bad guys". Thanks to Federalists like Alexander Hamilton, we solved our national debt. Jefferson wanted an agricultural-based nation, it was Hamilton who authored many documents talking about how we should go into the industrial revolution. Also, Jeffersons personal problems and incredible irony drastically reduce his glory, in my opinion.

And it was the federalists who enacted the first sadition laws. And it was federalists who wanted to greatly curtail states rights. I dont hold Jefferson up as the greatest thinker ever. But he certainly got it right when it came to letting the people govern the people. A national bank is a very minor point in all of that debate.

Yes, I know it was Adams who did that, and I am saddened that such an act was ever enacted in our nation. The Federalists needed to curtail states rights in order to create a stable national government that actually had some power, unlike the federal government before the Constitution, which had no power.  
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2004, 06:56:37 PM »

The early day federalists were the "<a href="http://www.srch-results.com/lm/rtl.asp?k=good%20guys" onmouseover="window.status='good guys'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">good guys</a>" and Jefferson's crowd were the "bad guys". Thanks to Federalists like Alexander Hamilton, we solved our national debt. Jefferson wanted an agricultural-based nation, it was Hamilton who authored many documents talking about how we should go into the industrial revolution. Also, Jeffersons personal problems and incredible irony drastically reduce his glory, in my opinion.

Yes, I know it was Adams who did that, and I am saddened that such an act was ever enacted in our nation. The Federalists needed to curtail states rights in order to create a stable national government that actually had some power, unlike the federal government before the Constitution, which had no power.  

I disagree strongly with that notion. You are comparing apples to oranges as if the federalists were operating under the Articles of Confederation still. Sedition laws were not necessary in order to assert the authority of the federal government. Furthermore, they tried to create a one party system to rule over all.
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2004, 06:58:45 PM »

And it was the federalists who enacted the first sedition laws.

The first Federal sedition laws, but at the time, most of teh states had sedition laws of their own, so the Anti-Federalists were hardly the paragons of personal liberty that some have mythologized them as.
No, but they were certainly closer to that road then the federalists were.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2004, 06:35:53 AM »

I say we just let things stay as they are. They've been working fine and there really is no reason to complicate things. See, less government(it sort of is in a way) is better!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2004, 05:01:01 PM »

This guy sure disappeared off the face of the earth...
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2004, 06:41:02 PM »

What a pity.

Someone should move this thread to FE, as its originator obviously won't.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2004, 03:34:14 AM »

Yeah, I took the Boss Tweed Approach to him...I'm hiding him in the same cellar that the Boss let Esteban Manuel starve in.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2009, 01:00:53 PM »

From this thread came the Mideast Assembly.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2009, 01:03:18 PM »

From this thread came the Mideast Assembly.

I don't think so.  There was never an Assembly when I was Governor.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2009, 01:06:05 PM »

I read this thread and was inspired to make one.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2009, 01:06:32 PM »

How did the Mideast assembly come from this thread?  It seriously had nothing to do with it, was posted in by people who for the most part gone long before it happened, and it was bumped since 2004.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2009, 01:18:47 PM »

I read this thread and was inspired to make one.

That is how.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2009, 01:24:37 PM »

You had nothing to do with anything. 
FACT you have never been elected to anything
FACT you have never influenced any policy
FACT you have been banned because you hacked accounts because you were so unimportant
FACT every party you have been a part of has crashed because of you
FACT you have no influence in this game

FACT you once lost to NOTA
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2009, 01:36:26 PM »

He's a really great guy.  He has strong positions polar opposite of me but he is also polite and willing to debate.

I remember...
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2009, 01:37:47 PM »

He's a really great guy.  He has strong positions polar opposite of me but he is also polite and willing to debate.

I remember...
So do I, but then was almost 2 years ago.  You really had some potential but you decided to be a jackass and throw it away
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2009, 01:50:34 PM »

FACT you have been banned because you hacked accounts because you were so unimportant

FACT he wrote the current Mideast constitution
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2009, 08:26:48 PM »

FACT no he didn't, as it was written by Peter, Inks and myself to fix all the problems in the Constitution that he did write.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2009, 08:32:57 PM »

FACT no he didn't, as it was written by Peter, Inks and myself to fix all the problems in the Constitution that he did write.

Purple State is correct here.  I will say that Xahar did do some good for the region, but his Constitution did leave some gaping holes.

But seriously - why are we arguing about a 5 year old thread?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2009, 09:08:58 PM »

I'm quite sure I came up with the idea for the Mideast Assembly...
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2009, 09:20:26 PM »

Random thought I had - since we have quite a lot of people who'd like to hold office and a fairly active region, might we want to consider some sort of Legislature with say, five members, and is presided over by the Lt. Governor? Just a thought

Followed by...

That would be nice. I may stick it into the Constitution.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies