Are you a virgin?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:47:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Are you a virgin?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Poll
Question: ...
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 152

Author Topic: Are you a virgin?  (Read 7081 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2014, 02:04:39 AM »

This sounds really shallow of me to ask, but why do I get the feel that it's easier for homosexuals to hook up with people than it is for straights?  Given the general (albeit evolving) attitude in the United States on homosexuality, I'd expect the complete opposite to be the case.

Well, men tend to be more promiscuous than women, in turn lesbianism is more accepted by society. Personally, the few times in my high school days that I did try and hook up with a woman it was next to impossible. So much work. Guys on the other hand its usually just not that difficult. I'm no expert though, but I'd guess that on average gay men have the most sex, followed by straight men, followed by straight women, with lesbians bringing up the rear. Basically, men get horny.

lesbians have extremely active sex lives, on a level comparable to gay men, but it's more of an "all the time with a small number of people" rather than "a few times with a large number of people"

source: last year I had five lesbian roommates and became fully immersed in their subculture

Fascinating, and thinking about the lesbians I know this makes sense and explains a lot.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2014, 03:41:07 AM »

I'm no expert though, but I'd guess that on average gay men have the most sex, followed by straight men, followed by straight women, with lesbians bringing up the rear. Basically, men get horny.

Since there are roughly equal numbers of straight men and straight women, wouldn't they by definition be having it at roughly equal rates?  They would need each other to have the sex if they're straight, no?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2014, 08:06:11 AM »

I've had about 80. Is that actually seriously weird for here?
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2014, 08:33:07 AM »

That's seriously weird for everywhere. Tongue
(Though if you're a hot gay Scot why not. I couldn't say no to one of those)

Most people my age I know IRL, including myself, gay and straight seem to have had between 10-20. Anyway, the number of persons isn't really relevant, the amount and quality is far more important.

I'd prefer really great sex with one person on several occasions, than to one-night stands with 10 average to bad persons.

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2014, 09:12:31 AM »

That's seriously weird for everywhere. Tongue
(Though if you're a hot gay Scot why not. I couldn't say no to one of those)

Most people my age I know IRL, including myself, gay and straight seem to have had between 10-20. Anyway, the number of persons isn't really relevant, the amount and quality is far more important.

I'd prefer really great sex with one person on several occasions, than to one-night stands with 10 average to bad persons.

I fully agree. I mean I've been sexually active for 13 years and been in monogamous relationships for eight of those. I'm happy as I am now being all husbandy Smiley
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2014, 01:00:02 PM »

This sounds really shallow of me to ask, but why do I get the feel that it's easier for homosexuals to hook up with people than it is for straights?  Given the general (albeit evolving) attitude in the United States on homosexuality, I'd expect the complete opposite to be the case.

You must be joking.  Women are the brakes and men the accelerator pedal when it comes to the Automobile of Love, Scotty, my boy.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2014, 05:00:42 PM »

This sounds really shallow of me to ask, but why do I get the feel that it's easier for homosexuals to hook up with people than it is for straights?  Given the general (albeit evolving) attitude in the United States on homosexuality, I'd expect the complete opposite to be the case.

You must be joking.  Women are the brakes and men the accelerator pedal when it comes to the Automobile of Love, Scotty, my boy.
Maybe women are the brakes because you are the wall.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2014, 05:23:16 PM »

This sounds really shallow of me to ask, but why do I get the feel that it's easier for homosexuals to hook up with people than it is for straights?  Given the general (albeit evolving) attitude in the United States on homosexuality, I'd expect the complete opposite to be the case.

I don't understand either of these metaphors.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2014, 06:12:41 PM »

Both are pretty obvious. Opebo must be ranting again on women's 'frigidity' and men's sexual 'frustration' and Zanas seems to believe that normal (sane) women can't love people like opebo, so they put their feet in the brake before crashing against the wall. Everything is possible in those weird Love Wars, though.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2014, 02:36:43 AM »

Both are pretty obvious. Opebo must be ranting again on women's 'frigidity' and men's sexual 'frustration' and Zanas seems to believe that normal (sane) women can't love people like opebo, so they put their feet in the brake before crashing against the wall. Everything is possible in those weird Love Wars, though.

Your interpretation is nonsense, velacos.  I obviously was referring to the fact that men will have sex immediately if it is offered, while women usually take a few days or weeks at least (months or years in some cultures) to decide to do so.  There's no 'rant' here - this is accepted truth by 90% of the population.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2014, 07:33:32 AM »

Your interpretation is nonsense, velacos.  I obviously was referring to the fact that men will have sex immediately if it is offered, while women usually take a few days or weeks at least (months or years in some cultures) to decide to do so.  There's no 'rant' here - this is accepted truth by 90% of the population.

Oh yes, I understood you were talking about that commonplace. I hope you realize that if I included 'frigidity' and 'frustration' in my interpretation is because I've read this particular theory of yours several times. Admitting that commonplaces are often based on reality -an exaggerate simplification of reality-, it's not impossible that a man rejects a sexual offer nor it's so strange that a woman proposes going to bed with you immediately. I don't claim to have a great experience, but I have enough to have seen and/or experienced similar situations. The fact that 90% of the times it works like the commonplace says doesn't mean that love always ride the same car model, and sometimes goes by motorcycle.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2014, 08:44:54 AM »

Am I the only one who is rather shocked that some people have had over 50 sexual partners or so, or is this some major troll? I'm on 9 or so and I thought that was a lot. Tongue
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2014, 08:51:51 AM »

I... really hope you guys use protection.

Kind of surprised no one brought that up.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2014, 09:07:38 AM »

I'll be honest, I didn't always use it when I was younger but I was lucky to escape contracting any STD and I get tested regularly just to be safe even though now I'm more careful.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2014, 09:09:57 AM »

I'll be honest, I didn't always use it when I was younger but I was lucky to escape contracting any STD and I get tested regularly just to be safe even though now I'm more careful.

No pregnancies?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2014, 09:21:00 AM »

No pregnancies?

BK has a 10-year-old daughter.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2014, 09:22:19 AM »

No pregnancies?

There's always the possibility that a girl got an abortion without my knowledge (or that there is a little Bacon King running around now, from one of the couple of girls I had unprotected sex with and never saw afterwards) but even when I was dumb about it I was still smart enough mostly to only have sex without a condom when my partner was on birth control, or at least do it in that sweet spot the first few days after her period when she certainly wasn't ovulating
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2014, 09:23:26 AM »

or that there is a little Bacon King running around now

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=9770
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2014, 10:54:09 AM »

Am I the only one who is rather shocked that some people have had over 50 sexual partners or so, or is this some major troll? I'm on 9 or so and I thought that was a lot. Tongue

Response bias; most of those who answered "no" in the poll have had far less than that.  The only people who feel compelled to state their number are those who feel like they have something to brag about.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2014, 06:26:10 AM »

Response bias; most of those who answered "no" in the poll have had far less than that.  The only people who feel compelled to state their number are those who feel like they have something to brag about.

I've no idea of a number, nor do I see it as anything to 'brag' about.  I simply haven't any interest in keeping track of a number.  I can only think of one benefit of a high number - the good ones are so rare that you may need to sift through quite a lot of chaff to find what you're looking for..

I obviously was referring to the fact that men will have sex immediately if it is offered, while women usually take a few days or weeks at least (months or years in some cultures) to decide to do so.  There's no 'rant' here - this is accepted truth by 90% of the population.

Admitting that commonplaces are often based on reality -an exaggerate simplification of reality-, it's not impossible that a man rejects a sexual offer nor it's so strange that a woman proposes going to bed with you immediately. I have enough to have seen and/or experienced similar situations. The fact that 90% of the times it works like the commonplace says doesn't mean that love always ride the same car model, and sometimes goes by motorcycle.

A better analogy would be the one about the gas pedal being on the right and the brake being on the left... perhaps it isn't always so, but you'd be well advised to act as if it were always so, or you'll have an accident.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies