What would you call a fiscal conservative/social liberal who isn't a libertarian? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:09:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What would you call a fiscal conservative/social liberal who isn't a libertarian? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of people who describe themselves as "Fiscally conservative, but socially liberal?"
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: What would you call a fiscal conservative/social liberal who isn't a libertarian?  (Read 2822 times)
Derpist
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -2.96

« on: April 24, 2016, 10:13:37 PM »

I used to like that term until its creator hypocritically became one.
Derpist
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 12:09:18 PM »

Terrible, just terrible.
Derpist
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 03:08:40 PM »

I'd just call you a moderate libertarian. Libertarianism, despite what some purists might claim, is a big-tent ideological leaning like "conservative" or "liberal."
It's never purists that are the problem here.  It's almost always your hard leftists that totally don't understand libertarianism.  They'd still think Somalia was a libertarian paradise (and I'm sure some of them still do) if we didn't make fun of them about it for years.  These are not smart people.  Hence their political affiliation

The traditional hard-leftist cariacture of a libertarian is typically Ayn Rand. But libertarians could also include people from techno-utopians to Ron Paul to traditional conservative-libertarians to what is probably the largest group - "leave me alone" soft-libertarians like Clint Eastwood.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies