The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:02:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Author Topic: The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)  (Read 18202 times)
GAworth
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2013, 08:29:11 PM »

What should be done in your mind to help the Pacific?
Also, want to sit down for an end of the year interview with the Paper?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2013, 01:36:29 AM »

Thank you for your questions. The president will answer them as soon as he can, but unfortunately he has been tied up because he did not do any Christmas shopping until today and he is hosting out of town guests. Rest assured, your questions are not falling on deaf ears.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2013, 10:48:55 AM »

Do you have anything you would wish to add/subtract from the Atlasian Space Reform Act?

Also, what will I get for Christmas? Coal like usual?

I am no expert on space travel and I know very little about what we are capable of. I have always been fascinated with space though and feel we should explore it to the best of our ability, as long as the cost doesn't harm our country (and we are waiting for Nix to determine that). 

From what I see in the bill so far, there isn't anything I would add off the top of my head, but then again, I am no expert. I suppose it may be fun to set ourselves a lofty goal (like a man on mars by X date) like Kennedy did with the man on the moon.

Also, I did not send you a lump of coal this year. Because of our victorious presidential campaign in October, I felt this year you deserved something a bit better. Did it ever come in the mail?

What should be done in your mind to help the Pacific?
Also, want to sit down for an end of the year interview with the Paper?

The Pacific region is in a place right now many regions in the past have found themselves. It needs a savior, a Jesus, a Mandela, an Abe Lincoln, someone who is dedicated to turning it around. We've seen the numbers. We've seen the people crying in the streets. It's difficult to say that things are hunky dory.

The way our government works is that regions have their own autonomy. The People can make or break regions. As President, as much as I wish I could elect myself as governor and hold the hands of all the region's citizens, I can't, the constitution won't let me, but we in the federal government have tools that can push things along.

I support the Pacific stimulus on the floor of the senate now as long as we have safeguards and instructions on how to spend the money so that this will not simply be throwing money at a problem expecting a magical fix.

Other than providing aid, unless I move to kill off the region or turn it into a federal enclave where I am supreme overlord, there is not much the federal government can do to turn it around. It has to happen from within. I have faith there is a savior on the horizon. I feel it when I wake up every morning.

And sure, I am always happen to do interviews for The People. 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2013, 01:34:02 PM »

At long last! I am happy to see the senate pass the "Fix Our Regions" amendment, and I encourage everyone to turn out and vote. It's important we begin a national discussion about how to fix the regions. Even if it results in no changes, we will at least be able to know where we all stand and give everyone a chance to participate in a process that will undoubtedly effect the future of this game that we all love.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2013, 01:43:42 PM »

Regarding Christmas, what is NORAD's designation for Santa's slay?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2013, 02:55:44 PM »

Regarding Christmas, what is NORAD's designation for Santa's slay?

Thank you for your thoughtful question.

SANTA would be the NORAD designation for the slay in question.

Hope this answer has made your day better!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2013, 01:33:44 PM »

A Happy New Year Message from Your Fearless Leaders

This past year has seen some wild fluctuations in Atlasia - from the rise and fall of Wolfentoad, to the birth of the Radical Gay Agenda. We saw voter rolls explode with offsite recruits and regions collapse before our very eyes. We saw parties that dominated Atlasia for much of its New Era disappear in a sea of scandal. We witnessed a President and Vice President share a bedroom and show just how far love has come in this nation.

We also witnessed the greatest experiment ever to take hold in Atlasia: The People's Party. The little party that could, a party with only 20 members, the size of today's Progressive Union, took control of the senate, held three seats at once, and after it officially disbursed, went on to win the White House for two consecutive terms without even officially appearing on the ballot. Many argue that this was The Year of The People, and I would be hard pressed to disagree.

We all head into 2014 with high hopes for this country. Will we reduce the regions? Will I run for reelection and crush the field again? Will I continue to be this handsome, or will something happen to me? Will I even be around in 2014? Who or what will be the story of 2014? All of these questions are on the minds of Atlasians. Well, friends, your greatest decision of the past few months was to elect me to usher you into this brave new year, so hold onto your breakfast, because it is time to welcome in the new year. And tonight, when you're pounding shots or simply sipping on a glass of bourbon, have a shot for me. You know I'll be doing the same.

On behalf of Matt and me, it has been an honor playing this game with each and every one of you, and I look forward to the year to come, with all the drama and surprises it may bring.

Happy New Year, with love, peace and lots of bourbon,
Duke
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2013, 02:36:48 PM »

I formally request that the President has a shot for me.

I'm starting a formal petition to get the President drunk.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2013, 04:36:50 PM »

Tonight, I will take 53 shots - one for every approval percent I have as Glorious Leader of this great nation. Join me and my approvals on this train ride to hell, Mr. Sirnick.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2013, 10:30:09 PM »

Tonight, I will take 53 shots - one for every approval percent I have as Glorious Leader of this great nation. Join me and my approvals on this train ride to hell, Mr. Sirnick.

I'm down.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2013, 10:41:31 PM »

The President is about 9 beers in for the evening and is on his godly steve jobs iPhone ready for The People to join him in counting down the NEW YEAR. Please, join us and let's celebrate this historic moment.

I love you all, especially the 53% of you that approve of my job and I urge the 36% of you that do not to join my team and realize I am all you'll ever need. 4 months from now when I'm dead and gone, you'll look back and cry tears of regret.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2014, 12:18:11 AM »

Happy New YEar from Matt and me! I hope 2014 fulfils all your wildest sexual fantasies!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2014, 08:14:53 PM »

My Redraft of the Employer Non-Interference Act

I just recently posted one of my now infamous redrafts of a bill on the Senate floor, and whenever I do such a thing, I feel like I owe it to The People to explain myself. This time, it was the Employer Non-Interference Act.

First, I firmly believe that unions and employees alike should have the right to organize without bullying or intimidation from employers. As someone who saw his mother lose her job a year ago for frivolous reasons, corporate abuse does happen, and employees are mistreated. But I believe in balance. If we give unions all the power, wages will be artificially high due to their monopoly over the labor, and businesses will be forced to trim their workforce in order to stay in business. This hurts The People. Conversely, if corporations have all the power, employees may be abused and the wellbeing of The People suffer. We must strike a balance that not only protects the worker, but also allows us to create jobs and continue our economic recovery.

In my redraft, I agreed with Senator TNF that unions should have access to a workplace during organization drives. That is a right. However, I felt that forcing businesses to advertise on behalf of the unions was not in the best interest of the federal government or our economy. Businesses should not be forced to advertise for other businesses. Instead, and we may already do this, I would like businesses to include a provision in their employment contracts that lets the employee know he or she is entitled to organize if they wish.

I further recognize and respect a business owners' right to run their business as they wish. Giving unions unfettered access to a company's workplace infringes on that right and disrupts business, but I do not believe that companies should be allowed to regulate who and what an employee does when they are off the clock. Hence, I left this provision untouched.

Ultimately, I feel this redraft strikes a balance between employee and employer. Senator TNF may curse my name when he reads it, I don't know, I hope the Senate will consider passing this version so we may continue to grow this economy while not exploiting those who are working hard on its behalf. After all, as long as I am President, they exist to satisfy my demands. Wink
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2014, 09:05:27 PM »

Need a cook?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2014, 08:46:24 AM »

Yes. Do you wish to join our glorious team?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2014, 06:00:00 PM »

Well, it appears like I have been forced out by the last party that nominated me for President. An announcement is forthcoming on my future in the race. If I do chose to retire, you may all send me a checkdonate to my PAC if you wish to receive my backing in the upcoming election.

This is a sad day for The People, but not an unexpected one. Like Christ before us, we must all be persecuted, spat upon and shamed before we can reach our true potential, and like those who crusaded before us, we shall rise again someday.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2014, 09:48:33 PM »

The best to you in whatever you choose to do, Mr. President. You have been a good President, and I'm proud to have voted for you in October. Smiley
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2014, 10:46:07 PM »

Sure!!!!! Smiley
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2014, 11:12:13 PM »

We have had our disagreements but you are certainly a better candidate than either of the announced contenders for the Federalist nomination (no offense, Maxwell Tongue) and if you leave, I'll be sad to see you go.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2014, 11:35:02 PM »

The thing about comeback stories is, you never know when or how they will happen. They just do. Poof, there they are, and you will be left wondering: how did that happen?

Thanks for all the well wishes. As I said in October, this ticket wasn't necessarily the ticket anyone wanted, but it was what we needed. While we haven't accomplished everything we set out to do, we have tried our best, worked across every isle known to man, and had fun doing it. I have always been a man of compromise, and I have always listened to those who speak to me.

But as they say, it is always darkest before the dawn, and The People do not stay down for too long.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2014, 11:49:31 PM »

Did I get the cook position?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2014, 11:51:42 PM »

Yes, I hope we have bacon and eggs for breakfast!
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2014, 11:53:43 PM »

Yes, I hope we have bacon and eggs for breakfast!
Yay!!!! Of course!!!
And on your birthday, Mickey Mouse pancakes!
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2014, 07:53:06 AM »

All the bacon, all the eggs.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2014, 03:48:01 PM »

Cabinet Shakeup

The Presidential election is not the only thing that is seeing a shakeup over the next few days. My cabinet has lost SJoyce, who served this country honorably for months as SoEA.

For his replacement, I am doing some shifting. After doing a tremendous job as SoIA, Superique wishes to try his hand as the SoEA position, and due to his work, I cannot and will not turn him down. He will be a fine SoEA just as he was as a SoIA, and I look forward to his work in that department.

To replace Superique, I am nominating a newer member of Atlasia, but one who seems eager, has kept a daily newspaper going for longer than I ever expected, and approached me to express interest in the job. It is my hope that he will bring that kind of passion to the SoIA position, and I am confident he will fill the shoes of Superique with ease. I am nominating GAWorth.

Now, let's keep this train going.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies