WI: Norbert College: Johnson about tied with Feingold (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:05:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  WI: Norbert College: Johnson about tied with Feingold (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI: Norbert College: Johnson about tied with Feingold  (Read 4209 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« on: October 19, 2010, 03:11:36 PM »

So am I.  Feingold is losing in this poll.  Feingold losing will be the best possible thing for the First Amendment short of McCain going down to someone who doesn't back criminalizing political speech to protect incumbents.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 03:58:25 PM »

Please, please, please make Feingold win. I couldn't care less about WV or even CO/WA/CA if only Feingold wins.

In this case, please let Feingold lose.

Ah, so you too hate me now. Nice to know.

You do realize that if Republicans win WV, CO, WA and CA, they will likely take control of the Senate regardless of what happens in WI, right?  As much as I dislike Feingold, I'd take that trade, too.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 05:46:56 PM »

So am I.  Feingold is losing in this poll.  Feingold losing will be the best possible thing for the First Amendment short of McCain going down to someone who doesn't back criminalizing political speech to protect incumbents.

Yes but this is a lot closer than other recent polling. It's within the margin of error and shows he's got a shot.

To make myself clear, I don't care if Feingold loses by 1 vote, 2 points or 10 points.  I just want him to lose.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 05:59:50 PM »

Anyone know what Norbert College's track record is? I've never heard of them prior to this poll. The last polls here, from Rasmussen and CNN, paint a quite bleaker picture for Feingold.

I'm curious too. I'm extremely surprised no one has discussed the pollster's track record thus far in this thread. Does anyone know if they polled in 2008 or perhaps early October of 2004?

Read the full thread from Page 1.  That information is there.  Hit-or-miss, I'd say.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 06:23:35 PM »

Anyone know what Norbert College's track record is? I've never heard of them prior to this poll. The last polls here, from Rasmussen and CNN, paint a quite bleaker picture for Feingold.

I'm curious too. I'm extremely surprised no one has discussed the pollster's track record thus far in this thread. Does anyone know if they polled in 2008 or perhaps early October of 2004?

Read the full thread from Page 1.  That information is there.  Hit-or-miss, I'd say.

I'm curious as to when the Obama poll was taken, but I doubt that information is easy to gather. They don't seem to be far off from the 2008 result, although 10% undecided would be a bit odd if this poll came late in 2008. The other one wouldn't seem to be as accurate, though.

Around the same time as this one - 10/09 - 10/17.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies