If it came to the convention... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 08:22:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  If it came to the convention... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If the delegate fight could only be resolved by a brokered convention, not counting any of the other candidates in the race, who would be the nominee?
Jeb Bush

Chris Christie

Mitch Daniels

Bobby Jindal

Paul Ryan

Other (Please Name)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: If it came to the convention...  (Read 4582 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: February 11, 2012, 11:14:33 PM »

The delegates would be insane really to pick someone out of the blue who has not been tested having run the grueling circuit. Sure if Daniels had run, and proven that he had the right stuff, and so forth, under extreme pressure, he would be a fine choice. But he didn't, and certainly would not be prepared either to handle all the national issues, and all the curve balls that are out there.

I must say, even though I could never vote for him, and think he would not make a good POTUS, and may well end up being a disastrous one (in part because of his deep seated passions, including a seeming lust for lashing out at a long list of foreign evils, that he feels need to be made "right," and made "right" sooner rather than later, potentially leading to another ill considered war), that Santorum has considerably increased his statute by virtue of his running. He has shown he can think on his feet, think things out, and handle pressure well. Plus he has shown considerable  discipline, which is always a virtue, particularly for a POTUS.  

In a word, Santorum surprised me, in a way none of the other candidates did. The rest were, or are, almost entirely predictable.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies