SENATE BILL: Semi-Presidentialism Amendment (Sent to the Regions) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:34:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Semi-Presidentialism Amendment (Sent to the Regions) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Semi-Presidentialism Amendment (Sent to the Regions)  (Read 1970 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« on: November 25, 2013, 07:38:14 PM »

Out of curiosity, what is the point of placing a concrete limit on the number of Senators in thr cabinet? And why would it be okay for a Senator to be SoFE but not RG?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 07:02:55 PM »

If a Senator feels that they would be forced to play double duty and they would not be able to handle it, they should not accept a place in cabinet. If they find the double duty too much, they should resign from one or both positions. Setting a concrete limit doesn't make sense to me. If 4 Senators have the time and willingness to serve in Cabinet, the last thing that should stop a President from appointing them is a silly limit.

If you think this amendment is guaranteed to slow down Senators in general, then don't pass it. A limit is plain silly.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 10:41:10 PM »

I never said 4 was better than 3. I simply said that a limit makes no sense, and this bill should be passed without one or not at all.

If you think this will cause people to.put too much on their plates, vote it down, but placing a limit is not going to fix any activity issues and strikes me as totally pointless. It has the potential to deny people what they could very well deserve, as I pointed out earlier.

This limit of 3 strikes me as totally arbitrary and misdirected in its attempt to resolve the issue that you claim it targets.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies