should a lawyer representing Harvey Weinstein be removed as Dean at Harvard (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 07:08:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  should a lawyer representing Harvey Weinstein be removed as Dean at Harvard (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: should a lawyer representing Harvey Weinstein be fired from teaching at Harvard
yes, he should have known better

I don't know

no

no, and it's crazy that this is even a thing

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: should a lawyer representing Harvey Weinstein be removed as Dean at Harvard  (Read 1700 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: February 28, 2019, 09:51:53 AM »

This is wrong. Everybody's entitled to a lawyer and lawyers shouldn't be punished for representing people.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 06:56:31 PM »

The problem is this guy is only doing it for the f[inks]ton Weinstein is paying him.

If I were a lawyer I wouldn't accept Weinstein as a client in a million years.

Refusing a certain case is the prerogative of the attorney, but even the most despicable offender is entitled to legal representation. Attempting to punish or somehow stigmatize lawyers representing bad people would be a very negative development for the profession.

It would come right back at us when there's a widely vilified person who's actually innocent, but lawyers wouldn't take on said person's case because of fear of professional reprisal.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 09:03:18 PM »

I'd rather have him defend hundreds of Weinsteins for pure profit than see the precedent under which it becomes normal to punish a lawyer for doing his job. This is a Pandora's Box and if you think it wouldn't have devastating effect in cases involving ordinary folks and their lawyers, then you're naive.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies