Is Bernie Sanders at fault for Clinton's loss? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:00:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Bernie Sanders at fault for Clinton's loss? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
No (literally sane, normal, knowledgeable about politics, etc.)

Yes (lmao why)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: Is Bernie Sanders at fault for Clinton's loss?  (Read 2017 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« on: May 03, 2017, 11:17:15 PM »

As was said before, he turned many people who would have been perfectly fine with Clinton against her. Before the primary I had zero problem with Clinton. I would have happily supported her when she wrapped up the nomination in a traditional primary. But then Sanders came. And because sanders decided to make things about some style-based progressive movement, he got a lot of young people (including me, to my shame) rallied up into a cult-like state. Clinton was the one who got all the hate because she was standing in the way of Bernie(among other things). The big problem was that bernie didn't concede when the dust was settled and it was clear that he lost, he kept delusionally fighting on, and his fanbase(again, including me) kept being riled by "bernie can still win" BS. The constant uphill struggle, the attacks on Clinton that were much harder to brush off then most primary attacks, and the seceding into a little group self-divided from everyone else on the left were devastating. Bernie didn't have to make Clinton "the enemy". Bernie didn't have to refuse to consider her "progressive enough" over petty nonsense. Bernie didn't have to frivolously declare the democratic primary rigged against him when the advantages in super-delegates came from Clinton's advantage in the primary(and he got an obviously undemocratic boost in caucuses), he didn't have to let a cult of personality form around him(and probably let it get to his head). I remember early in the primary looking at Clinton's website(I knew of bernie at this point), and thinking she'd be cool, getting excited for her. But because I got swept in the bernie wave I later hated her. I honestly wouldn't have been able to name a real problem I had with Clinton if I was asked, and I remember a thought that Hillary really wasn't much different from bernie. But I dismissed it, because I was caught up in the bern. Bernie didn't have to do all of this.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 12:36:57 PM »

Is Ronald Reagan at fault for the malaise years when he dared take on Gerry Ford? There's your answer.

Is Bill Bradley at fault for Bush's victory? There's your answer.

Did you read any of my post?

There's affirmative responses here are astoundingly cynical. "Yes, it is Sanders' fault that HRC lost, because many Democratic voters would not have realized how much they disliked her if she had not faced a heavily contested primary against a candidate whom those voters found much more appealing!"

I didn't "realize" some hatred for what Clinton was; honestly, I started hating Clinton due to her being the reason bernie wasn't going to win the nomination.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 11:06:42 PM »

The affirmative responses here are astoundingly cynical. "Yes, it is Sanders' fault that HRC lost, because many Democratic voters would not have realized how much they disliked her if she had not faced a heavily contested primary against a candidate whom those voters found much more appealing!"

I didn't "realize" some hatred for what Clinton was; honestly, I started hating Clinton due to her being the reason bernie wasn't going to win the nomination.

And why do you think that's generalizable? Political arguments are no substitute for self-reflection, which is what you seem to have needed.

Because I see it among the other Clinton haters on the left. I used myself merely as an example.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies