People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. LouisvilleThunder (version 2.0) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:11:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. LouisvilleThunder (version 2.0) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. LouisvilleThunder (version 2.0)  (Read 2971 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« on: October 16, 2021, 06:04:10 PM »

time to make socks
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 09:06:51 PM »

Please. Everyone calm down.

I'll be frank - I do not approve of this decision by the Supreme Court. Especially in the context of the current state of the game, it does not make sense to dismiss this case without a proper trial even taking place.

However, the integrity of our judicial branch is sacrosanct. The Supreme Court has proved repeatedly to be a fully impartial body, even as it has handed down decisions that are unexpected and/or disagreeable. And while we may disagree strongly with this particular decision, it's irresponsible to sling allegations of impropriety without evidence. There is no legitimate reason to doubt that the Supreme Court made this decision on a purely legal basis - though should evidence emerge contradicting this, we'd all have to re-evaluate our positions.

That said, Windjammer's conduct in this thread has been highly inappropriate. It's not acceptable to threaten the careers of elected officials, even less so in a public forum that doubles as the highest court in the land. That, at least, is potentially worthy of censure.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 09:11:50 PM »

Please. Everyone calm down.

I'll be frank - I do not approve of this decision by the Supreme Court. Especially in the context of the current state of the game, it does not make sense to dismiss this case without a proper trial even taking place.

However, the integrity of our judicial branch is sacrosanct. The Supreme Court has proved repeatedly to be a fully impartial body, even as it has handed down decisions that are unexpected and/or disagreeable. And while we may disagree strongly with this particular decision, it's irresponsible to sling allegations of impropriety without evidence. There is no legitimate reason to doubt that the Supreme Court made this decision on a purely legal basis - though should evidence emerge contradicting this, we'd all have to re-evaluate our positions.

That said, Windjammer's conduct in this thread has been highly inappropriate. It's not acceptable to threaten the careers of elected officials, even less so in a public forum that doubles as the highest court in the land. That, at least, is potentially worthy of censure.

Well, I'm just defending myself against crane and some others wanting to screw me because I didn't rule the way they wanted me to be.

Then do it civilly. Defending a controversial decision is fine but threatening to 'screw up' and destroy the careers of elected officials - in a Supreme Court thread no less - is beyond the pale.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies