Official District 3 Debate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:30:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Official District 3 Debate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official District 3 Debate  (Read 2199 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: April 27, 2005, 10:19:37 PM »

I was working LATE, which is why only MasterJedi showed up originally.

My opinion of Mike Naso: he is a complete disgrace and a shame to the Senate.

The Southeast: They have no righ to their actions. We must use all means to prevent them. If neccesary I will mobilize far leftist paramilitary groups against them, which will help with my little, uh, "fetish".

Since the Farmer-Labor Party is mostly neutral on social issues and pretty much in line with me economically, I can't see many issues where I'd be in direct conflict. But I'll always keep what I consider to be best for the district ahead of my party's stances.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 01:03:46 PM »

I support an opt out of Social Security. I'd also like to disqualify wealthy retirees from it. Social Security was intended as a safety net, not so that hard working 20something single mothers would have money ripped out of their paychecks so some typically six figure salary retirees can go on more Carribean cruises.

Taxes should be made more progressive. Cuts for the middle class and elimination for some of the lower brackets are a good idea. Businesses and the rich should bear the burden, and if increases are neccesary, that's where all should go.

The environment must be protected, but we must be sane about doing so. For example, some environmental regulations have made it almost impossible to build new factories. This means that old factories must still be used. These old factories are much less efficient than newer models, and just cause more pollution and waste which hurts the environment. Environmental protection is important, but reform is often needed.

Farm subsidies are a case by case scenario. There are many cases where small family owned ones need them to survive, and there are also cases where food production could be seriously hurt by problems on large corporate farms. But we must stop what amounts to simply corporate welfare and blatant handouts to big business.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 09:48:39 PM »

It's important that we keep abortion legal. However it is not neccesary to give the radical feminists everything they want just as it's not neccesary for the other side to give the ultra-religious right everything they want. I would oppose any abortion restrictions on the first trimester or where the mother's life may in danger. Otherwise I will support local autonomity on the issue.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies